Mont 24hr

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
I stilll think Sportograf have really raised the bar in Oz ...
Definitely. While some of their motion-sensor photos might lack a bit of character, they make a huge effort to try to get one of everyone.

Their real impact has been on delivery and price. First time at the Scott, they had 55,000 photos up and available within 3 days (1 of which was spent flying home to Germany), and their "all photos of you for a fixed price" arrangement was pretty popular.

MONTRD

Likes Bikes
Mont24

What a huge weekend, and some fantastic pics from Aurora images. Many of my friends, everyone loved the course, had a blast riding in their first 24 and for a few of them had a ball riding their first ever race. So all round a massive success. Looking forward to catching up with you all at next years race (and maybe at few other races this year) :) Well done to all of the MONT crew.

Davo

Blah!

Squid
I'm a little disappointed there weren't any night photos, since I did 2 of my laps at night and another bloke only got night laps before his legs packed up.

Still, I like the photo's that were taken of me. Particularly the one where I'm looking pissy with my broken seatpost.

prklcd

Likes Dirt
Hey does anyone know the name of the movie that was on at the Mont on the Saturday night? was made by Trek? about the aussie who won the worlds.... and almost died.. I would be keen to watch that again

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
HD video at Mont24

On my last lap there was a bloke with an HD video cam on a boom, down towards the end of Spaghetti Western. I also saw him on other occasions around the course.

Anyone know anything about it?

Mooy

Likes Bikes
I imagine the guy with the HD cam was one of the team riddler guys, check out www.teamriddler.com the guys are making a doco about the mont, there is a little trailer up there at the moment. Looks like it'll be awesome!

gixer7

Likes Dirt
I imagine the guy with the HD cam was one of the team riddler guys, check out www.teamriddler.com the guys are making a doco about the mont, there is a little trailer up there at the moment. Looks like it'll be awesome!
scroll down their home page and check out the Angry Aussie clip! Hilarious.

***warning. do not play it up loud at work or at home in front of the kids/missus***

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks brilliant. Can't wait to see the full cut.

I saw another guy filming there as well on the Sun morning, had a snazzy suit and tie number going on as well, was interviewing a couple of people at transition plus taking what I imagine to be stock footage of transition.

Looked a little too serious to be Team Riddler, I'm wondering if he was making a docco about one of the Schools teams (judging by the age of people he was interviewing)

phez7

Squid
Mont 24 2007 Doco

Hey does anyone know the name of the movie that was on at the Mont on the Saturday night? was made by Trek? about the aussie who won the worlds.... and almost died.. I would be keen to watch that again
Not made by Trek, but my wife Jess Ferrari produced/directed/etc a doco on the 2007 Mont 24 (titled "Racing around the clock") which I'm told went up on the screen. It's airing globally on the National Geographic Adventure Channel (i.e. Fox) in June. Australian screening times below...

There is also a short version which played on ABC Canberra Stateline available here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1830278

If you'd like to know anything more, it's probably best to contact Jess directly by email: ferrari .dot. jess .at. gmail .dot. com

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ADVENTURE CHANNEL
Premieres 8.00pm AET Mon 1 Jun

Repeats:
2.00pm AET Tue 2 Jun
6.30pm AET Sat 13 Jun
12.30pm AET Sun 14 Jun

Last edited:

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I only just saw the Stateline story (thanks Youtube) - I'd be very keen to see the full doco. Will it be available on DVD?

Riddler MONT Video

Thanks to all that enjoyed our vid, but unfortunately the docco has not come to fruition as our cameraman decided there was not enough good stuff to fill a movie!

I assume you are refering to the Vimeo clip not the old You Tube one that got banned for copyright stuff?

http://vimeo.com/4152110

And in relaion to the guy who mentioned a camera man interviewing school girls the following morning, there's a fair chance that was our guy!

S.Rademaker

Likes Bikes
What an event! 1st timer and our team had a blast of a time fun but brutal. the track got blown out but made it more interesting with new lines opening up everywhere.

there is aways a negative and that was after completing 2 straight night laps i went to go for a shower and they said they had ran out of water super piss off!

but overall 2 thumbs!

Gone Riding

Likes Dirt
What an event! 1st timer and our team had a blast of a time fun but brutal. the track got blown out but made it more interesting with new lines opening up everywhere.

there is aways a negative and that was after completing 2 straight night laps i went to go for a shower and they said they had ran out of water super piss off!

but overall 2 thumbs!
I've just gone to check the 2010 Mont 24 thread and come across this one by accident - S.Rademaker, did you mean to reply to the 2010 Mont 24 hour thread? If so, here it is just so this 2009 thread doesn't become the 2010 one! It's late, does that make sense....?

Link to The 2010 Mont 24 Thread...
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?190441-The-2010-Mont-24-Thread