More CRC bashing, my order has gone AWOL.

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
Anyone gone through the e bullshit when your order from CRC does not arrive?
Close to a month now and just been given the usual template email of "we are looking into it"? Any thoughts, actions or experience in dealing with such an issue would be very much appreciated?
Cheers
dt

pharcyde

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pull your head in and stop whinging. Dont like how they reply then go buy your stuff in a LBS in Australia and get ripped off even more. Dont knock CRC for something that might just be out of their hands. Sooking about it on a public forum will jepardize them selling to AU address, so zip it!!

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about you wait until they get back to you, It DOES take time to sort through with various companies to work out where a parcel is. SO shut up and deal with it, you made the decision to but from CRC, you took the risks and you lost.

There is any multitude of reasons package get held up. For starters Customs and AQIS. Backlog of freight, sometimes gets mis-shipped etc

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
I've had quite a lot of orders from CRC in my time; in one case it just got stuck on the tracking in the export center and they quite happily resent the order after about 10 days. In another it wasn't clear where it got lost and that took abit longer, but they made good in the end. I've found the customer service to be excellent on the whole. Shipping stuff around the world isn't fool proof, you take a little time risk if something doesn't' go quite right for the discount you pay compared to the LBS.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Go easy gents, the guy is just genuinely concerned as anyone would be and asking for others' experience with the situation. This would be the place to ask being a mtb forum and all..
OP, I have had nothing but positive experiences with crc and although it may take time I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it. Be patient and maintain friendly contact and I'm sure it'll get sorted.

Yowie

Likes Dirt
When your doing 40 million worth of orders a year to Australia the odd one or two are bound to go pear shaped.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sometimes (as mentioned) it takes quite a few days to filter through the emails, there is only a couple of people that deal with the emails per different written language.

Understand that there was a warfie strike and this has caused many issues aus wide. Not just parcels of gear, but food and supplies out bound and inbound. The best option I feel is to not bag out a company, as nine times out of ten they are busting their balls to rectify the issue you or any other customer have. Good chance they will re-send the order to keep you happy.

I've ordered through them and one item didnt turn up, I emailed along with a picture of the order slip, they replaced the item. Stay posative and all will work out for you.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I have done a few orders from CRC and they have always been very good. Did you track the order using the tracking service? If you had done that you should have known where the order was at all times. How did you pay for the order?

The only time I have had a problem was an order earlier this year when a rim didn't turn up, sent them an email a week and a half later new rim turns up, no hassle. As you can see from mine and others responses CRC have an extrordinarily good reputation and a lot of good will, this did not happen by accident.

Send them a nice email and follow up (remember the time difference) they will sort you out.

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
How about you wait until they get back to you, It DOES take time to sort through with various companies to work out where a parcel is. SO shut up and deal with it, you made the decision to but from CRC, you took the risks and you lost.

There is any multitude of reasons package get held up. For starters Customs and AQIS. Backlog of freight, sometimes gets mis-shipped etc
Could of gone to Austria - happens all the time.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You just got the bad end of the stick mate, it happens, it's not the end of the world, if you paid with PayPal, your money is safe, they have obviously acknowledged that you have ordered through them and are aware of your order, it will come, just give it time.

More so, they are a proven company, it's not like this is there first order ever.

ozimad

Likes Dirt
Either way I believe 1mth is MORE than enough time to be waiting for a resonable answer... I can understand why he is frustrated..

He is not saying he wants the issue resolved however just requesting to know where it is all at..

MARKL

Eats Squid
It is fairly simple, CRC provides a full tracking service on each order, if he looks that up it will tell him when it was dispatched and where it currently is.

gliss

Likes Dirt
I had my order delayed for two months just because the clarks lock on grips were out of stock, yes it was painful but I didn't become a raging customer,

never had problems with DHL express. and tracking.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!

Wow dude, way to vent your days stress onto a fellow mountain biker. If you read his post properly, he's been waiting 'close to one month' for an answer. Regardless of the size of a shop, it shouldn't take 1 month to get back to someone in relation to a missing order. In this day and age 1 month is unacceptable.
Of course things go pear shaped, no reason to tell the dude to shut up. He's after advice, not a lecture on how he fucked up.

Pull your head in and stop whinging. Dont like how they reply then go buy your stuff in a LBS in Australia and get ripped off even more. Dont knock CRC for something that might just be out of their hands. Sooking about it on a public forum will jepardize them selling to AU address, so zip it!!
Again, what's your problem? The guy is after advice and you attack him for no good reason. I suppose maybe he's wrong in assuming that other mountain bikers care for other mountain bikers. He is not sooking, he is after information and advice.

OP: What form of delivery did you ask for? I'm taking it you didn't go registered post and they haven't given you any kind of tracking number? What kinda responses have they given you?
I've only had 1 issue with CRC but they resolved it pretty quickly. I had a bottle of muc-off leak in the mail and they basically just sent me a new one.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
It is fairly simple, CRC provides a full tracking service on each order, if he looks that up it will tell him when it was dispatched and where it currently is.
Tracking numbers are only provided if the order was sent via Parcel Force International, which is the normal method if you get into the free shipping threshold. If he's chosen to have an item delivered by Royal Mail International than CRC do not provide you with any tracking number. From the CRC website in regards to Royal Mail: "Please note that due to the economy nature of the Royal Mail service it isn't possible to track a parcel’s progress online."

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
beat me to it ... damn you

BOT: you have to watch that CRC vid with the new Compacting Box thingy ... I reckon they shrunk'd your box beyond sight so they could reduce their lorry numbers more.
more and more reasons why RB needs a like button for comments ^^^