most embarrassing public bike moment

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone has had anything go pear shape on them in public and just totally been ashamed...

mine has got to be riding to work down moggill road, traffic everywhere a wheelie bin lying over footpath, so I went sweet and got ready to bunnyhop it, usually do easy, but not usually at like 30 k's at the bottom of a hill, launched bout 2metres to late not accounting properly for speed, front wheel makes it, back wheel careers into bin, I end up sprawled over footpath in front of traffic...

brother also had a good one, after school swimming carnival all kids out front of school, we take off down hill, he slips a pedal bunnyhopping A GUTTER, hits gutter and goes A over T in front of his whole year! :oops: :oops:

adam

Likes Dirt
high speed, over the back, no brake wheelie on a on a highway, it would have looked funny as as hell as i fell off the back. Also fell off bunny hopping up a gutter, i laughed my ass off.

Adam

Stinky

Likes Dirt
1. during a parade through a small country town in CQ where the whole town stops for the weekend for mtb racing I pulled an endo and went straight over the bars.

2. Same race weekend, trying to line dance with the country folk on my bike.

3. Practicing rear wheel hops at a set of lights and fell onto a taxi that was waiting at the lights

SquarkyD

Likes Dirt
doin some trials off a picnic table, was on the edge and ran outta push at the wrong moment and nosed it bad.

also loosing the chain after landing a massive flatty, not realising and going to pedal HARD for the next jump, threw myself A over T into the launch of the next jump.

i still get crap from the locals about those :lol:

nathan

Likes Dirt
Well not really embarising for me but for the people that i busted.

I was up at Lefty(DH track) one day (Friday Lunch) minding my own business doing runs, when i got back to the top after my last run their was a van parked on the side of the road near the entrace to Lefty. I thought oh yeh just someone looking around. I was just waiting around catching my breath for the ride home when 2 people got out of the van and put a rug down. Oh righto they were just having a picnic, i thought. How wrong was I. The woman and man proceded to take their clothes off and had a Farkin good time. (you know what i mean).

Meanwhile i was over at the track entrance about 50m away in clear daylinght just sitting there on my bike not beleiving my eyes. How they didnt see me there i dont know? The only way out was to ride straight past them. After about 15 min of them doing it i couldnt wait around any longer because i had to get to work. So i thought stuff it. I rode stright past them and yelled out "Get into it" for good measure. I scared the shit out of em. They jumped up with quicker than jack flash.

Something that you dont see every day anyway.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
ROFL :D :twisted: !

Definetly can't beat that (although there was a empty tube of lube and condom packet found at the top of our local club track once).

Mine has to be *attempted* nose wheelie down a short set of stairs in the middle of a crowded park...

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
I borrowed my friend's bike one day to get to TAFE, she had cantilever brakes on 'em. I go cruising down the road past a whole bunch of traffic that has come to a standstill. A cross an intersection and up onto the sidewalk since there was no room to get past the traffic when all of a sudden...BOOM, I'm flying over the handlebars. Hit the ground landing on my knee, splitting it open. I look up, and there's four girls in a convertible completely laughing thier arses off. They didn't even bother to check I was okay, just kept laughing. :oops:

Turns out the front canitlever somehow released itself into the spokes, the bike was a piece of crap anyways, thrashing the a bunch of the spokes.
And to make matters worse it was the first class, so I had to show up with a bloddy knee...oh well! :(

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last December at the Thredbo nationals. Got there late on friday and didn't want to pay $40 for 2 practice runs so i decide to show my South African mate(Gravityfreak) around thredbo village on our bikes. He spots a pretty big set of stairs and asks if he can try my bike down em as i'd just had the Avalanche fitted. So we swap bikes, off he goes down the stairs pretty fast, i follow him........get to about 5 stairs from the bottom and i go for a handful of rear brake only to find out that in South Africa they run their brakes opposite to us.......grabbed a handful of 8" Hope FRONT and went flying OTB and ended up with a very smashed up wrist. Split the TCC cartlige in my wrist. Still can't ride for a few more months.

Only a few people saw this but i had to post it as it is the most stupid thing i've done on a bike recently.

S.

ex offender
Riding along pulling a wheelie the day I first got clips.... you can guess the rest.

toodles

Wheel size expert
1) 1st ride with SPDs. Stop at crowded intersection. Fall over sideways cos I couldn't get feet out fast enough.

2) Trying to show off in front of girls when I was 12 by doing a 1 handed wheelie. Goofed it and broke my arm. Actually worked out better than the wheely though cos after they stopped laughing at my clumsy butt I got to milk sympathy for awhile.

G

embarresing

I was riding at the local skate park with my mate about 7 in the morning so we had it to ourselfs or so we though.. we ride into the skate park and do this drop thats there and as we look back theres this chick going down on this dood. It was sooooooo funny the look on her face was :eek: mixed with :shock:

My mate also rolled down a curb and broke his ankle:D

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Gutty, that's how you did your wrist?!? Nooooo!!! It wasn't even your fault! Those are the WORST injuries!

Mine were:
1. Same as Toodles, that ol' chestnut - not getting out of the clipless pedals in time when a trackstand goes wrong.

2. That manual I was doing down a hill at 35 - 40 kph and lost it on, all over the pavement. Nasty.

nhd

Likes Dirt
just got a new rear slick on my gt, also the brakes had been tightened a lot, went around a corner on oily looking bricks, bit too fast breaked and the back of course slid from under me. Legs tangled in the frame this guy in a van asks if im ok and i crawl to the footpath with the frame tangled around my legs.

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man i think i'm due for something bad... my stuff is nowhere near as bad as your stuff. I've had a few spd mishaps, nothing too bad just me looking like a goof. My dad had a big goofy off trying to trackstand his brand new bianchi at the traffic lights, first day on clipless too...

gutty that sucks! i didn't know how you did it either, switched up brakes suck..

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
Riding along pulling a wheelie the day I first got clips.... you can guess the rest.
Laughing just thinking about it. Sorry mate, but i've seen it done before an it was absolutely hilarious.

S.

ex offender
Gutty said:
Socket said:
Laughing just thinking about it. Sorry mate, but i've seen it done before an it was absolutely hilarious.
I know, had it happened to anyone else I would have been laughing too.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for the sympathy guys, with any luck i'll have some good news from the doc in a couple of weeks, doubt he'll allow me to start DH or MX again just yet but fingers crossed.
And you should all feel free to bag tha shit outta gravityfreak if ever he logs on here again, i do all the time ;)
Whats weird is he's an MXer too so in theory you'd think he'd use his right hand for the front and left for back........

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
if anyone know the newcastle brewery, then this story holds significance. basically pulled a huge manual through the walkway between the brewery and beergarden on a saturday night, the place was packed full of drunken punters. i go over the back - no worries i'll just touch down with my feet. not the case as the ground is pebblecrete cover in water, beer and other swill. i must have slid about 10 metres still holding onto the handlebars, promptly ending up on my arse. the few hundred punters thought this very amusing. :oops: