most embarrassing public bike moment

Ty

Eats Squid
after weiners crash on coot-tha, i rode his bike down off the trail (we should of been riding inside the MZ1 on mt coot-tha) i was like "sweet factory M1 to ride" so i nutted down this fire road only to discover backwards brakes, luckly i figgured it out before i tryed to do anything serious (i was also carrying a digital camera and digial video camera so it could of been an expensive fall)

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Socket said:
Gutty said:
Socket said:
Riding along pulling a wheelie the day I first got clips.... you can guess the rest.
Laughing just thinking about it. Sorry mate, but i've seen it done before an it was absolutely hilarious.
I know, had it happened to anyone else I would have been laughing too.
aww man, how many times has that happened to me!!!! :oops:

svenk

Likes Bikes
1. few weeks after getting my first " real " bmx .. im thinking im shit hot and bunnyhopping this curb in front of my friends.
we all started leaving and i speed off to do one last hop, im pumping it hard and as i get to the curb i pull up as hard as i can.. the front went high.. the back stayed on the ground.. apparently when i hit my ass went into the air with me still holding the handle bars.. rolled for a few meters then hit and slid along the dirt for another few meters... everytime this story is brought up my friends laught for at least 15 mins.... wish there was a camera :D

2. just after i got my FS bike im doing some doubles testing out settings etc.. i go off and do a set that hasnt been used in a while, a nice big branch had cracked and was hanging right in the jump path... my bike finished the jump but i landed in the middle hahah

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm, mine musta been about a month ago, after doing some runs at mt beauty, i was on my way to the bakery to meet the olds for food, comming round a corner, there was a construction site with sand all over the road needles to say i slipped off and dislocated my knee. Spent the next 10 seconds swearing at it and bashing it back in.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding down a fairly steep street, pedalling my guts out at it, cause that was the cool thing to do, try and catch up to cars and the like. Anyways there was a car parked on the side of the road, so i bunnyhopped the gutter, onto a gravelly type path, hit it with too much speed, lost control of the bike, BAM into a bus stop sign, using my foot as the main impact point. Yeah well broke my foot, no-one bothered to stop in their car, but two pedestrians came running up to me and asked if i needed an ambulance...i put on the brave face, picked myself up, said nah, and rode home one foot on the pedal style. Its probably a good 5-6km ride home. I always wondered why one leg is much stronger than the other, heheh :)

This morning I also crashed pretty damn stupidly in front of one of the fellow toowoomba guys/farkin member nathan. There is all the stairs lined up in a row, 5 stairs to each set, probably 12 sets all together spaced 10 meters apart. You can hit this thing flat out and gap each set of stairs easy. Only problem being I didnt realise what was at the end. Two big ass poles side by side (not even handlebar length apart) to stop cars getting into this area. It was far to late when i saw them, hoped for a miracle, hit the poles, crushed my fingers bad and supermanned way over the handelbars! That sucked hard :/ Was pretty damn humiliating! lol

Sucks about ur injury gutty, get well soon mate

curtisrider

Eats Squid
crashes

about 3 months ago i was riding along the road to see a truck coming along be hind me, i must have been going about 30 km/h, anyway i saw the truck coming and because it was a norrowish road i decided to hop up the curb and on to the pavement anyway on my way to landing on the pavement my front wheel got lodged between the nature strip and the pavement where someone had just squared of their grass, i ended up going over the handlebars and into a brick wall. luckily no injuries only a few scratches on the bike :oops:

curtisrider

Eats Squid
crashes

about 3 months ago i was riding along the road to see a truck coming along behind me, i must have been going about 30 km/h, anyway i saw the truck coming and because it was a narrowish road i decided to hop up the curb and on to the pavement, anyway on my way to landing on the pavement my front wheel got lodged between the nature strip and the pavement where someone had just squared of their grass, i ended up going over the handlebars and into a brick wall. luckily no injuries only a few scratches on the bike :oops:

duncan^kona

Likes Dirt
embarrising

out riding with a mate, we were coming up to traffic lights (us being on the footpath) and i was looking across the road at some chick, i didnt notice he had stopped and i ran straight into his back wheel, went flying over the handlebars and collected him on the way, not nice :oops: :oops: :oops:

Adi

It's my birthday!
Sweet! You guys are good! :lol:

My most embarrasing one is yet to come...

But so far its prolly been trying to ride down a street with my feet on the hanglebars while sitting down :lol: I went for about 5 metres and fell over and cut open my knee, got 5 nice stitches and a awesome smiley kinda lifetime scarr :lol:

Adin

G

haah

You were tryna do what that dood does on kranked four at the start of the quebec section where their standing on the seat and stuff and one giuys doing wat u were:p

G

i remembered one

me and my mate were riding one time and we saw this drop and hit it. We had done it several times when i see my ex gf with her new bf so i look over and she points at me all when im rolling ya see. the front wheel rolls off the edge and i go ass over :roll:

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
Not the type of bike you guys are talking about but embarrasing all the same.

On my way to Uni one morning, on a Suzuki Across (250cc road bike) I decided to be a smart ass and dodge the traffic by traveling down the grass shoulder of the road up to a round-a-bout.

All was going well and I was looking for a spot to cut in when the slippery morning grass slanted away from the bank a bit suddenly, which consequently sent my front wheel sliding sideways into the drainage ditch beside the road and sent my bike onto it's side and threw me into the mud.

This is with a whole bus full of people + a traffic jam full of cars right beside me.

lol

It was a bitch to get the bike out of the ditch too. Much wheel spinning involved.

I have a simaler story about going too fast and ending up on a footpath the wrong side of a road barrier, but I'll save that for next story time.

=)