Most mind bending movies you've seen

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Back To The Future.

I'm still not sure how the fuck Doc Brown got that note.
Or when he appears in that shed with the Dolorean in that western(stump town or whatever it's called).
Was a cool docco on the other day about the Dolorean car maker. Interesting, worth a watch. Not mind bending. But interesting.

Beej1

Lynch is the master of the mind bend. His first (Eraser Head) and last (Inland Empire) films are right up there with the most mind bending of all.
^This. He is also the master of just generally creepy cinematography. Only person on earth to put vision on film that makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Every traditionally scary film I've seen from Poltergeist as a kid, the Freddys, the Jasons, the Michaels, all through to modern stuff like Ring and its many imitators ... none of it raises a whisker compared to the odd Lynch scene. Twin Peaks as a teenager ... some of those scenes with Bob ... man, did my head in. Another example is a long, drawn out scene from Mulholland Dr, but if you have 5 mins watch this from start to finish ... The build up to that ending always does it.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...twIwCA&usg=AFQjCNF8514X7eFRuA3gn9K_zYiIQxRPVA

Otherwise, most mind bending films I've seen: Primer (don't look up a a review, don't read the synopsis, just watch it) and Upstream Color - both written, directed by and starring a guy called Shane Carruth. Fucking brilliant.

Nolan's Inception and Interstellar are great mind benders in a more traditional sense.

moorey

call me Mia
Spinal Tap. I wanted to be a drummer, until I realized what a dangerous occupation it is :fear:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
The Enemy (2013). I wasted about 2 hours of my life wtfing then had a friend convince me there was a 30 minute youtube that would explain it all.

Spolier:The wife turns into a giant spider at the end WTF!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I likes me a bit of Bad Boy Bubby.

"Cat be dead"

"Be still you little cunt!"
The sad thing is Bad Boy Bubby has a better story ark than most modern triple A releases. If you can look past the crazy shit inbetween, great film even if he does fuck his mum.

Christ, kid, you're a weirdo.
if the poison doesn't get you, God will.

Donnie Darko is pretty good.

Both are a bit hollywood, but Momento is worth a look and Fight Club, if you've been living on another planet and missed it.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back To The Future.

I'm still not sure how the fuck Doc Brown got that note.
just watched it again 2 days ago at the Moonlight cinema with my 8 yr old daughter. Classic movie.

Mememento- probably Guy Pierce's best role
the Cloud Atlas - awesome movie
Moon- will do your head in...
Seven- super creepy but gets you thinking

Last edited:

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very interesting but confusing film, at least for me. Will have to watch again a few times I think or perhaps read the book.
We watch most movies with subtitles as English in my wife's 2nd language. Subs make it much easier to follow and 2nd time was much better.
I love movies that have so much going on you need to watch them a few times.

Intense1

Banned
On recommendation from previous posts ~ last night I watched Memento and Mullholand drive

I really enjoyed Memento, it just kept me watching intensely. I didn't want to miss a scene. But the way it ended was a a bit abrupt. I could've kept watching for another hour. Wasn't sure what to believe in the end either. I'd highly recommend this movie. 8/10

Mullholand drive I was thoroughly enjoying, until a bit after halfway, the movie just lost the plot. It became confusing as f*ck and I had no idea what was going on. Won't be watching it again. It's a shame because everything was building really nicely and then "BAM" ~ WTF. 5/10

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
-The Man From Earth is cool as shit, not much action but it really doesn't need it, the plot is that good.
-Looper is great, specifically the end which just surprises the shit out of you, I won't ruin it but you'll be watching it and just be like "waitwut?!"
-Lucy was really cool, plus Scarlett Johansson so it could be a terrible movie and I'd still watch