Aldo

Likes Bikes
to big im trying to getaway from the weight,
get to much arm pump and i want to have a crack at racing mx
i'll either get a 125 or 250f
+ im yamaha all the way

Adi

It's my birthday!
Well I have a freind who is doing the opposite at the moment, he is selling his motorbike so he can get a car and then a dually of some sort.

In my opinion I don't think that it really matters that a person can ride a moto for 15 minutes flat out but you only get 5 minutes on a dh run and then you have to walk/shuttle/chairlift back up again. - Totally different thing IMO.

I'd love to try both but like Socket I can not afford it at the moment. Plus I'd probably get a Street Machine instead of a dirtbike :).

Just my 50 cents!

floody

Wheel size expert
Aldo said:
to big im trying to getaway from the weight,
get to much arm pump and i want to have a crack at racing mx
i'll either get a 125 or 250f
+ im yamaha all the way
The 520's are far from heavy.. you should ride one, you'll be blown away.
Also, on the 250f yamaha, I hope you're cashed up for geabox rebuilds....That motor is strong in terms of power, but reliability isn't a yamaha four stroke thing...

junior

get out of my grill
i did moto's for 5 years but gave it up because i couldnt ride enough. my moto club was over an hour away!! i wouldnt give up my mtb for a moto any day!!!! :)

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Rik said:
Nothing beats human power, the burning in your legs as you've stomped your way down the trail, the only sounds you hear are chainslap and freewheel buzz, the only thing between you and the earth is a few kilos of metal and synthetics.

But if you're hardc0re X-TREEEEEEME, then sure motos are great, but where's the fun in twisting your wrist to get everywhere?
that was deep man, very deep.

id choose dh over moto anyway, u dont have as much freedom on a moto. + u need a licence to ride it on roads.

Aldo

Likes Bikes
not as much freedom??

to ride dh you can only ride down mountains + you need a ute\trailer to do shutles.
maybe im being a bit one minded but cant see what you can do on a dh, that you cant do on a moto.....ok maybe the street ride thing but thats never been my cup of tea anyway.

i made a track at my parents property and they have relatively flat land(lap times are 3mins).I had a few cracks at making a mtb track but they all sucked ass.

just remember how wicked it was when you drifted around that corner,i do that shit on tap on my moto day in day out.

im probably lucky,where i live there are far more moto places to ride than dh

i wont stop riding mtbs but motos are my main priorty right now.

parallax

Likes Dirt
One good point fot moto's is: Sand isn't such a bugger to ride through anymore.

I agree with Aldo on just burning along a nice trail with long sweeping etc. Ultimate freedom.

But I like MTB mostly becuase I know what I'm doing. I can fix my own machine, and don't need to spend $$$ taking it to a mechanic.

ntm - the neigbours prefer the clicking noise of the freewheel over the ear splitting whine over a moto.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i prefer my mountain bike over everything cars my motorbike (because getting on youre bike is so much easier and bikes are easier to ride) although the off road go kart on the way might give it a small challenge! i love my moto my dads ridden most of his life so it was natural for me to get into them and i like them alot but before i was allowed a moto i used to pretend on my bike and i rode so much that yeah. like adin love a street machine but id have to buy a bike before a car!