MotoGP 2019

Moto GP aint over yet.

Dovi for the win in PI will set up Sepang nicely.

No vested interest of mine, well except I'm flying to Malaysia for the race !! Oh yeah.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was a really wet race, I thought someone was going to eat it going into the right hander before the tunnel, in all classes! But a great finish for the motogp race. It's def not over, but it's still Dovi's to lose momentum wise. Beside the pressure, I wonder how Dovi feels racing beside MM at this stage of the championship, racing as if he doesn't give a sh1t win, lose or dnf. Would scare the sh1t out of me! PI favours Dovi to finish, but when MM does (1 in last 4 from memory), he wins.

Great work on sepang gig, hope the humidity is favourable for you.

That was a really wet race, I thought someone was going to eat it going into the right hander before the tunnel, in all classes! But a great finish for the motogp race. It's def not over, but it's still Dovi's to lose momentum wise. Beside the pressure, I wonder how Dovi feels racing beside MM at this stage of the championship, racing as if he doesn't give a sh1t win, lose or dnf. Would scare the sh1t out of me! PI favours Dovi to finish, but when MM does (1 in last 4 from memory), he wins.

Great work on sepang gig, hope the humidity is favourable for you.
Fluids, its all about keeping the fluids up:eyebrows:

I'm sitting in the main grandstand in the Ducati section, I'm a Honda rider so I hope I don't get ousted.

That big straight at PI has gotta favour the Ducati, if its dry, in the wet that grunt advantage dilutes somewhat.

If both riders stay upright for the next three rounds its gonna be a great finish to the season.

couldnae been more wrong, ducati nowhere to be seen, when I see dovi on Fri nite at dinner maybe I'll aks him what happened

Moto3 delivers once again

PI is a great track, they just need to pick it up and move it somewhere, like Sydney, or get eastern creek up to scratch again, that was a good track for the 500s

Last edited:

CalFB

Squid
The only problem with PI is the scheduling. WSBK is there in March and it's hot and dry. Spring in Vic is a lottery, but I think there's only been 2 wet races there since 1989. Great race, but really bloody poor form from idiots booing the podium. Clearly not race fans. Go MM93, the kid is awesome.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hmmmm..... not sure how a MotoGp bike would go around here these days!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CalFB

Squid
Australia isn't going to change on the schedule, Vic has had it long enough, time for a change, bring back Oran Park
They have to get all the fly away rounds done together, so they could do them at the beginning of the season, but i'm sure Dorna have their reasons why it can't be done. It's cool having championships decided here though. I spent Friday in Honda Corporate :)

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
snip... only been 2 wet races there since 1989...snip
I must have been to both of them!

Zarco love him or not was on fire and made the others work for it. Looks like the c'ship is slipping/has slipped out of Dovi's hand, unless MM DNF's one of the next rounds it's hard to see how he can reclaim it.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Phillip Island is amazing really... I know the weather is a gamble, but there is no other track in Oz that generates fantastic racing like it does. The track has an incredible flow, which is offset by Honda, Siberia and MG, Turn 11 creating close dicing and passing opportunities.

I've done literally thousands of laps on it and never tired of it. I'd love to ride Eastern Creek, but it doesn't seem to flow like the Island.

Going up Lukey Heights, knee down, rear tyre hanging out... is bliss. Certainly the best corner ever in my world.

900SS at Phillip Island.jpg

Last edited:
I've ridden Phillip island , but at 30ks top speed during the Barry sheene ride probably ain't the same as your experience
I'd like to try eastern creek one day, I think the requirement now days is leathers that zip together and mine don't so I'd neeed new gear and I'm thinking of selling my bike anyway, so I probs won't.

CalFB

Squid
Phillip Island is amazing really... I know the weather is a gamble, but there is no other track in Oz that generates fantastic racing like it does. The track has an incredible flow, which is offset by Honda, Siberia and MG, Turn 11 creating close dicing and passing opportunities.

I've done literally thousands of laps on it and never tired of it. I'd love to ride Eastern Creek, but it doesn't seem to flow like the Island.

Going up Lukey Heights, knee down, rear tyre hanging out... is bliss. Certainly the best corner ever in my world.
Phillip Island is an amazing place to ride. It always takes a session or 2 just to get my head around how fast it is. Love the place. Been a while now, but as we're putting up poser pics :becky:

Attachments

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Phillip Island is an amazing place to ride. It always takes a session or 2 just to get my head around how fast it is. Love the place. Been a while now, but as we're putting up poser pics :becky:
+1 cruising around at 180 in the first session feeling like an absolute gumby, struggling to get my brain up to speed while being assaulted by a viciously strong breeze trying separate my head from my neck.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
When I used to live in Sydney I did a couple of track days at Eastern Creek. (....and binned it at turn 2 - doh!)
It's a fantastic track. Plenty of flow. Turn 1 takes some real "commitment pills" to come through with as little roll off as possible.

No doubt the island is the pinnacle for Aus though. One of these days I'll ride (sigh).

Other tracks I have blasted around include Brands Hatch (UK) and Symmons Plains here in Tas.

I have the standard poser photos buried somewhere on my hard drive(s)....but CBF posting them.