MotoGP 2019

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
how MM held onto the bike after hitting that patch of gravel is incomprehensible.
I thought he was gone for sure, bugger all indication from the officials there was debris on the circuit.

When he aint being a dick on the track, and he is so joyful after winning a race I really find it hard to dislike him.
I think his biggest problem is he just can't comprehend that others can't ride at his level, forgets all the rules and regs and just wants to ride flat-out because that what he loves doing. Over-simplification I know, but you get the gist.

Scotty675

Cable thief
MM save was unbelievable, it got me out of my seat. The 3 way crash was just unlucky, part of racing unfortunately. Crutchlow unlucky crash was riding well. Good race once again and has tightened up the championship.

My wife and I are going to start a wager based on when Count Crashmore will bin it, with the winner to determine that night's nocturnal activities.

ie letting the dishlickers out for a midnite whiz.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Yeah I can't help but admire MM, he is just so fucking good as a rider. I agree with you beeb, he can't seem to comprehend how his being on a different level causes issues, it's like he hasn't learned to play nice with everyone else.

I also think people give Cal Crutchlow too much rope... it seems like half the world is so desperate for a British rider to be on the top step again post Barry Sheen that they forgive Cal Crashlow time and time again. I mean, he's pretty good, but he's not *that* good.

The thread on motomatters.com reviewing this race is excellent reading, particularly the comment from jinx... seems dead on to me. It's just that there are only a couple of guys out there that can balance front and rear grip like MM can week in week out.

I will say, I almost cried when that incident happened though.... sure MM had walked away with the race but that crash was just a squirt of lemon juice in the eye. I sorta think JL should have been aware of DP so close behind and with JL running wide it was reasonable to expect Danny headed up the inside. I also think it's reasonable for DP to expect JL to cut back to the apex after running deep. Both carry responsibility.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yep. I get that JL was pushed wide by Dovi, but if you're off the racing line and know you're in a pack it's just common sense to glance over when re-entering the racing line IMO (or basically crossing it as JL would've in this instance). Wasn't really worth trying to snaffle back second place when you end up putting yourself and two other riders in the gravel trap. I'm okay with it being labelled a racing incident as it all happens in an instant, but pretty unfortunate for Dani and Dovi.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I reckon Lorenzo shoulders the major responsibility for the incident. IMO, he cut back to the apex far too quickly after going in too hot. What the hell did he think Pedrosa was going to do, just hang back and watch them gather it all up?

J Lo would have had more than an inkling that Pedrobot was going to nip up the inside, J Lo was trying to close the door. Yes it was unfortunate for him that he had to deal with Dovi stuffing it into the corner too hard, but he should have conceded the place to Pedrosa and then tried to take it back.

stirk

Burner
J Lo would have had more than an inkling that Pedrobot was going to nip up the inside, J Lo was trying to close the door. Yes it was unfortunate for him that he had to deal with Dovi stuffing it into the corner too hard, but he should have conceded the place to Pedrosa and then tried to take it back.
Poor Pedrosa, I wonder sometimes if he misses following Doohan to second place, most of the time...

A truely great rider but unlucky, I'd also put the blame on Lo for the door shut as he should have expected Pedrosa to carve through the inside after he slowed up his own pace.

Boom King

Ahhhh..... Doohan, Gardner, Rainey, Schwantz, Magee, Mamola, Lawson, Sarron.......

Those were the days.

stirk

Burner
Perhaps you are thinking of Alex Criville ?
Sure it was Pedrosa during Doohan's last epic championship wins during his last domination. There are many who got so close though.

There are many awesome riders who almost got there but Marquez has this arrogance that has given me the shits from day one. His arrogance is epic and I really love it when he does not win or crashes out, not with injury of course.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/132918/marquez-title-result-is-all-anyone-will-remember

stirk

Burner
Ahhhh..... Doohan, Gardner, Rainey, Schwantz, Magee, Mamola, Lawson, Sarron.......

Those were the days.
And many more!

This race I watched 'live' and was the most edge of the seat race ending I can remember, and there have been many. I may have posted a better or even full vid of the race, if anyone has it please post! Maybe copyright has taken down some vids but I'd love to watch the full race again and would pay for it.

https://www.gaskrank.tv/tv/racing/donington-park-2000-250ccm-jac-5418.htm

stirk

Burner
I can't watch car racing because the pit shit gets in the way of a good show. Set your strategy at the start of a race like the bikes do and stick to it.

Boom King

Sure it was Pedrosa during Doohan's last epic championship wins during his last domination. There are many who got so close though.

There are many awesome riders who almost got there but Marquez has this arrogance that has given me the shits from day one. His arrogance is epic and I really love it when he does not win or crashes out, not with injury of course.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/132918/marquez-title-result-is-all-anyone-will-remember
Meh.... I like the boy. Don't find him particularly arrogant, given what gets lost in translation / not speaking in the mother tongue. Motorsports needs a certain arrogance for one to be dominant I think.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh dovi.jpg
JL Squaring it off and getting to apex asap after Dovi blew it was the fastest way to recover and was to be expected of JL by DP, excluding but compounded by JL's personality of not hesitating/being concerned for other riders position. For that DP shot himself in the foot and up in the air by attempting to seize it.

From poor memory JL's pit board didn't mention that DP was there either. So it's on DP even if you exclude racing's golden rule that the rider in front has right of way, which was JL at the moment of impact, DP never led that group.

I'd love to watch the full race again and would pay for it.

https://www.gaskrank.tv/tv/racing/donington-park-2000-250ccm-jac-5418.htm
I had a racing-underground / racing for me account but it's evaporated from lack of use sorry

Pic: A raging Dovi trying to restart JL's bike, zing!

Boom King

View attachment 344719 JL Squaring it off and getting to apex asap after Dovi blew it was the fastest way to recover and was to be expected of JL by DP, excluding but compounded by JL's personality of not hesitating/being concerned for other riders position. For that DP shot himself in the foot and up in the air by attempting to seize it.

From poor memory JL's pit board didn't mention that DP was there either. So it's on DP even if you exclude racing's golden rule that the rider in front has right of way, which was JL at the moment of impact, DP never led that group.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm old but at least I'm not extinct!

Watch JL take another holeshot and see the concern for others position. If success was measured on that he'd be a winner, alas it is not and he shares point with kallio.

Boom King

I'm old but at least I'm not extinct!

Watch JL take another holeshot and see the concern for others position. If success was measured on that he'd be a winner, alas it is not and he shares point with kallio.
I'm not disputing Jorge's lack of concern for anyone else's track position.