MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
For a season where it looked like there was only a couple of riders eligible for trade, there's been more trade talk than I expected. The Rins to factory Yamaha is looking pretty likely at this point. Shame about KTM not being able to pick up another satellites team really, Acosta is well deserving of a seat IMO, but so is Augusto Fernandez. He's had a really solid rookie season and should be allowed to stay on. I sort of hope they convince Pol Espargaro to be a test rider and let Augusto stay racing in MotoGP, even if it's only for a year until they can acquire another team.

Still seems stupid to me the Dorna cap the grid numbers to what they are currently in MotoGP. Seems weird to me in a time when there's a glut of supremely talented riders available that they won't let another 2-6 bikes on the grid.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still seems stupid to me the Dorna cap the grid numbers to what they are currently in MotoGP.
Yeah I have seen comment that DORNA is doing what F1 did a decade or so ago, if they aren’t careful they’ll bugger it up and lose some of their audience.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Yeah I have seen comment that DORNA is doing what F1 did a decade or so ago, if they aren’t careful they’ll bugger it up and lose some of their audience.
I'm very nearly of giving up on it. I hate the aero additions. It's amazing what they can do with the bikes in free practice and qualifying, but the races are often really dull now. Sprints are good because the tyres have a better chance of lasting the race, but the main races just don't hold my attention anymore.

I'd love to see Casey Stoner become the technical adviser, his comments the other day were perfect - basically said they should get rid of the aero, height devices and all but a basic "safety" level of traction control and make it all about the rider again.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
His slides at Phillip Island turn 3 were pretty consistently sweet too.
He goes into that with a lot of detail in the Gypsy Tales podcast...it's a good mind bending listen.
I used to pit for my brother when he was racing SuperSports 600's many years ago, so P.I was like a second home for a few years. Having someone describe the place the way Casey does is a real eye opener.