Mountaincycle San Andreas 2.0

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
where is this Glenrock you speak off, i go up to lake mac every couple of months so wifey can spend time with her mum, but i asked her where it was, she did'nt know!..im keen to find some trails up there, so i have a good reason to take up my bike, but without knowing where to go,im lost!!
pm me if you want, that would be grand.....i guess i will just have to put up with stromolo and the ridge for now, not heading up until sep!
P.S. PHAT SAN!!..Looks the goods, enjoy.
Glenrock is just south of merewether beach. Head into newcastle from Lake Mac and you will go straight past it.

Hey Sammydog Mine showed up today and looks awsome,I was a bit worryed about the build quality but having a look at it now cant fault it.allthough it does look a bit small for a medium[as you've pointed out]It should be fine but Im average height so should be ok
I'm 174cm, and the medium is fine. Still haven't fixed my exploding rear brake (still at the LBS awaiting parts) so I haven't been on a big ride, but I think it will be fine.

Make sure you stick up pics when you have built it. Did you get a red or white one?

I've just grabbed some Race Face chain rings (38/26) to replace the stock ones. THe Praxis rings looked really nice but 42/30 was too big on the hills going up.

G..

Squid
...allthough it does look a bit small for a medium[as you've pointed out]It should be fine but Im average height so should be ok
While they look small, the TT's on the SA and Zen are all on the long side...

sa_geo.jpg

I've got a L here which at 61cm used to be regarded as a XL.

sammydog

The bike does look smaller than it is, but sitting on and riding it, the top tube is spot on for me. I wouldn't call it on the long side as the bike feels perfect, I do run a 60mm stem on mine though.

The top tube isn't the nut cruncher people would have you believe either. After crashing mine (and not taking out the top tube) I think if you were to get intimate with the top tube, you'd be meeting the top tube no matter the bike.

So when is yours going to be built up G? When I ask?

cjaty

Likes Dirt
The bike does look smaller than it is, but sitting on and riding it, the top tube is spot on for me. I wouldn't call it on the long side as the bike feels perfect, I do run a 60mm stem on mine though.

The top tube isn't the nut cruncher people would have you believe either. After crashing mine (and not taking out the top tube) I think if you were to get intimate with the top tube, you'd be meeting the top tube no matter the bike.

I got a white one,it,ll be built up in about a week with mostly old stuff from my old bike so I'm a bit ashamed to show it the way it is until I get all the stuff on it I want (won't do it justice )I,ve also got a 60 mm stem so looks like it should be a good fit

G..

Squid
In the next few weeks. The two issues are 1. the brakes, so I'll throw on some temps while pondering if I bother rebuilding the Elixir CR's or stash some cash for Hopes ($100 vs. $400+) and 2. building the custom wheels on the Haven carbon hoops while running the mismatched set I have now. Once those are done, that'll be the way it'll stay.

While at first I was luke warm on the red/white (!!!), I am really loving it now.

sammydog

Hey Sammydog still have the 2.0?Hows it traveling?
I love it it.

I sway between the San An 2.0 and Zen 2 as to which is my favourite, but the bigger San An wins out most of the time.

I'm still a fan of 26" wheels, but I guess the wheel size would put some off. I can't fault the suspension and to date its been pretty much maintenance and hassle free.

Ive upgraded a few things over time, most recently some Sun Ringle Black Flag Wheels.

SamD

E-nnoying E-diot
Love the shape of this frame - too many triangle frames out there designed by a kid with a ruler and right angle.
I could stare at this for hours. Well done mate.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I have a Battery in the stable at the moment, it was the young fellas race bike because when he started out it was difficult to buy longer travel bikes that were short enough for him. I really should dust it off and give it a birthday.

spoozbucket

Likes Dirt
There were a few of those things getting around after they sold for something like $3.50 on CRC, they looked like a bit of fun but too small for me.