Mt Buller - All you need to know

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah a damp abom is really nice, super grippy and fast, not the common 2 cm slippery dust cover, which is still fun though :p

goin up this sunday, see ya'll there!

Mr Scruff

Likes Bikes
Duff_Man said:
when it rains up there the track dosent get all that muddy, infact the abom becomes mad, it get's suppy grippy and you can rail the corners even harder. QUOTE]

yeah i think both of the traks are far better when there abit wet. but what is with all the snow thats falling this summer? is this normal, i've been there twice this year when it's been icey and white.

dillon

Likes Dirt
Five of us came from Brisbane and rode the 12th and 13th Feb.
Awesome weekend and awesome trails.
Highly recommended, we'll be back.

wenji

Squid
Have been to both Thredbo and Mt Buller recently, much preferred Buller. However, to be fair on Thredbo, it did snow which made it less enjoyable.

Agree about the comments with the service at the local joints. We all ordered the days' special "Roast Pork with Apple sauce". Out came roast beef, due to extreme hunger of waiting so long for food, we ate it but commented to the manager that it was the most interesting roast pork we had in a while. He gave a free drink but sure grumbled about it.

Abom is great but yeah, watch out for the Xc riders stopping in the middle of the track. Would have loved to of had more time to do more of International, I personally needed to work up more courage for it. Guess we'll have to head back down there.....

Duff_Man

Likes Dirt
sorry mate but that is the only track that will be open for the race weekend. It has been discused to use the two tracks but it was later taken into consideration the extra work that would be required. Twice as many marshals and twice as much man hours to get the tracks operational with very little help. More help more races, go figure. I would say that you should still try and race mate, it is the only way to get your skills up and become a better rider. there is no shame in getting out there, giving it your all and having fun. People want give you attitude if you dont have the ability, and lets face it, we all have to start somewhere, so dont be put off because the track is out of your ability. if you dont feel up to racing then you should come up for the weekend and support the riders.

Hope to see as many ppl up there as possible on the weekend, as it should be a good weekend for all. gtg, bunting the track in the morning.

if anyone wants any info just pm me.

gaunty

Squid
International B line

Duff_Man said:
YELLOW POST ....It is also urged that the novice riders do not ride down the ski run as this is causing unwanted erosion in the area, but also be cautious when riding the INTERNATIONAL.

Duff man, great post, as a XC rider xing over to freeride (and who doesnt stop on Abom corners), your post gave some good info as to what to expect on the trails.

I was interested in your quote above about taking a B line down the bottom section of "Dam Run" as a B line around the wall ride section of International. There are no signs saying not to take this line. I admit at Easter it was eroded badly, and I saw a few riders go over the bars taking the water bars head on. Given that for riders like myself looking for something beyond Abom, this is the only way out having taken on Outlaw xp and Yellowpost, is there any talk of cutting in some switchbacks and making a proper trail as an alternative to this lower section?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
THe only thing you need to know about buller now is that its closed :mad:

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All you need to know about buller untill next summer:
60 days, 0 hours, 22 minutes, 18 seconds untill the ski season opens :D

Bit late on the reply, but I am pumped for a trip to Mt Buller. Can't wait. I think it is great that Australia is following suit with the rest of the world and putting the Ski Resorts to use year round. I mean Australia must have one of the shortest ski seasons around and to use it for other activites (particularly MTB) come summer that is awesome...

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
thanks awesome post last time i went up there didn have a bloody clue what was what just rode! gona help a few people here

MadMatt

The MiniMan
Bring it on!!! Buller Nats final round , be there or be skware!!!

"""Team MiniMan"""""" will be in force once again :)

look for the Monster truck, come over & say hi

Frazzle

Likes Dirt
Nice post!
What is up with that restaurant that doesnt like riders though?
Anyways i think im gonna head up to buller soon to check it out so looks to be good

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
What is the XC track like at Buller????

I can't find any info from the links on the MTBA Nationals site. Hoping there is info closer to the event.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thank god we've got Farkin to get some info becuase the Buller website is useless. Less than a week til opening day and there's nothing on the site. Amateur Hour...:confused:

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Why aren't they open already :confused: Thredbo has been open for over a month!!!! And Thredbo still has snow!!! (and it keeps falling!!!)

That is a serious question, not just bagging Buller or anything like that.

Should I ask about the XC track on the XC forum???;)