mt buller state champs

Likes Dirt
That is a kick in the balls for anyone that works on saturdays...
Sure is, and no doubt they will then sit on the results for a few weeks, like last race up there. Releasing them after the next race.... when nobody cares anymore

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sure is, and no doubt they will then sit on the results for a few weeks, like last race up there. Releasing them after the next race.... when nobody cares anymore
Yeah.. But that is all in the past now so let's try to forget about that. I'm sure that this weekend will be ran perfectly with no hickups. :)

S.

ex offender
Anyone need a lift and/or a bed? Mate of mine pulled out at the last minute, so I've got a spare spot in my car and a spare bed booked at Spurs for Fri-Sat-Sun nights ($41/night so $123 all up). If anyone's interested PM me ASAP with your phone number. As long as you're not miles out of my way I can probably pick you up, just keen to get someone to split petrol with.

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
That is a kick in the balls for anyone that works on saturdays... I hope that one of the Buller guys gets on here and confirms that it was a typo and that it should read $60 Sunday only..
Sadly it wasn't a typo. For all those of us that made the commitment to atleast come to one of the days over easter, we got slugged $80. An absolute rip off. Nothing more to say really. If we want to grow the sport, this is the perfect was NOT to do it.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
and no doubt they will then sit on the results for a few weeks, like last race up there. Releasing them after the next race.... when nobody cares anymore
I didn't see this before, but in response to this, the team at Mt Buller worked their butts of so people like you could have a fun days racing. So they had a problem with the results at the Abom round. Time to build a bridge and get over it. This round ran pretty smooth. I thought they would have had a nightmare marshalling the road gap, but they ran it perfectly. If you don't like how things are run, stick your hand up and help out.

my 2 cents worth.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
Sadly it wasn't a typo. For all those of us that made the commitment to atleast come to one of the days over easter, we got slugged $80. An absolute rip off. Nothing more to say really. If we want to grow the sport, this is the perfect was NOT to do it.
Yes I also found $80 for one day very step.
And sending vets off straight after under 13 resulted in many problems for all. How can anyone have a clean run with that many people of diffrent speeds on the track at once. Not good for the kids or us.
Big thanks to all marshalls you do a great job. I know what its like.
But the attitude and slackness off the orginisers (mt buller) is crap.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
And sending vets off straight after under 13 resulted in many problems for all. How can anyone have a clean run with that many people of diffrent speeds on the track at once. Not good for the kids or us.
I agree! I spoke to Sam about it and he was shocked that happened.
He Offered a re-run, but there was no way i was going to do another run.:eek:
Too knackered!!!!:D

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Y
I've been the first rider down the hill in Sport at a few events this year and at both Buller (Abom round) and BAW BAW they waited yonks after the u13's went down to make sure the course was clear.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been the first rider down the hill in Sport at a few events this year and at both Buller (Abom round) and BAW BAW they waited yonks after the u13's went down to make sure the course was clear.
Thats the way it should be for the safety of everyone. But, I'm sure that they will learn from their mistakes so next time there shouldn't be the same problems.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I guess we as Vets should have spoken up at the time. But we were too busy hanging sh!t on each other and concentrating on our own runs to take notice.