mt buller state champs

DunCon

Likes Dirt
is this round of the vic state series a 3 day event becouse if so i am fucked and i belive alot of other people might be aswell

this is the info on there website atm

unless it is a muckup but on every flyer i have seen it says it is just the 22nd and 23rd

Fri 21 March 10:00 – 16:00 Lift Open
Sat 22 March 8:00 – 16:00 Registration at Spurs Restaurant
Downhill Practise
9:00 – 16:00 Lift Open
Sun 23 March 08:00 – 10.00 Registration at Spurs Restaurant
08:00 - Close Lift Open
08:00 – 11:00 DH course open for compulsory practise
11:00 –12:00 Course Closed
12:00 – 12:30 DH competition begins
DH presentations TBA
Mon 24 March 9:00 - Close Lift open
12:00 Race Start – 2 Runs closest Time difference wins
DH presentations TBA
*Note: exact scheduled start times are subject to change

sharp

like a spoon
just wondering

wat track is the race on and can u still ride it in the prac run if u arent racing.
cheers

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
wat track is the race on and can u still ride it in the prac run if u arent racing.
cheers
Track = International

Have no idea. But there will be people trying to ride it as fast as they can, having joy riders get in there way might not be a good idea. Abom will still be open.

FatYZ0

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know were they are parking everyone as they didnt think to well about it last time.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know were they are parking everyone as they didnt think to well about it last time.
theres not many places better than that.

Really, would be nice if there was more parking, but would you really want to park further away? just gotta jam into a spot, or ask someone if they mind if you box them in.

DunCon

Likes Dirt
i believe the sunday only race fee is somthing like $80 and both days it is $95 and $15 for a day licence but thats a rough guess going from last round they had there and that covers lift tickets aswell

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres not many places better than that.

Really, would be nice if there was more parking, but would you really want to park further away? just gotta jam into a spot, or ask someone if they mind if you box them in.
Looking at the new jump that was put in it looks like the track now will cross the access road into that carpark.. So im guessing that there will be less parking now. Having the track go accross that top pit area will really cut off a lot of space around there so it will be interesting to see how they set it all up. Im guessing that most people are going to have to park much further away from spurs and use their legs to walk the rest of the way.. I know it really sucks having to walk but we might just have to.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i believe the sunday only race fee is somthing like $80 and both days it is $95 and $15 for a day licence but thats a rough guess going from last round they had there and that covers lift tickets aswell
$80 if you turn up to race on Sunday morning??? It couldn't be that steep for just one day.. Thats a joke if it was!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Parking.....

I spoke to Sam last time I was up there...2 weeks ago, and he was telling me about the jump. I then asked him about people crossing the track and parking. The will have to marshal it well.
Sam said that once the car park is full, then everyone else will have to park down below. No different to the Abom round. The only difference will be drivers will have to keep an eye out for fast moving mountain bike pilots!!!!

Az

Likes Dirt
$80 if you turn up to race on Sunday morning??? It couldn't be that steep for just one day.. Thats a joke if it was!
$90 for two days and $80 for one day?? that is a joke. Might stay at home then!! Cant afford that for a handfull of practice runs and a race run (or two).....

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is crazy, $80 for one day.

I paid $55 at bawbaw, sunday only, which i thought was fair but i wouldnt want to pay much more.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
that is crazy, $80 for one day.

I paid $55 at bawbaw, sunday only, which i thought was fair but i wouldnt want to pay much more.
I haven't seen anywhere that states $80 for Sunday. A day lift pass is $45, so I reckon it will be somewhere around Lukes post above.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't seen anywhere that states $80 for Sunday. A day lift pass is $45, so I reckon it will be somewhere around Lukes post above.
yeah i believed that too,

till i downloaded the entry form. it specifies in the payment section, day only race $80.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i believed that too,

till i downloaded the entry form. it specifies in the payment section, day only race $80.
That is a kick in the balls for anyone that works on saturdays... I hope that one of the Buller guys gets on here and confirms that it was a typo and that it should read $60 Sunday only..

On another note, I went looking for info on this event and the official state series website had "info up shortly". So after a little hunting around I found some info and entry form here - http://www.mtbuller.com.au/summer/month_event_full.aspx?EventId=4707

Hope that helps others looking for info on the event. It should be a fun weekend with perfect weather!