Mt Buller

motormtb

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if there is any body looking forward to buller opening as much as i am.Me and some mates went up for volunteer weekend a couple of weeks ago, we helped put back together the bottom half of thunderdome berm,put in a new platform at the top of ski jump(to make it a lot smoother)and also fixed the bridge over the waterfall that is just before the wall ride at bottom of international.All the stuff we made is super strong and i can't wait to get up there and ride.See all you guys up there just after xmas!!!!

Last edited:

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep - pumped! heading up tuesday after boxing day!
Was there anything happening with the additional new trails? How about abom - any hits on it this year?

Last edited:

motormtb

Likes Dirt
abom hits

apparently they are going to put so jumps etc on it but we didn't get to do anything on abom we just focused on international,but they had already changed the track a little we just didn't get to see it.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
motormtb said:
also fixed the bridge over the waterfall that is just before the wall ride at bottom of international.
How's the run into the wall ride this year? Also any B lines?

motormtb

Likes Dirt
buller

They have cleaned up the run into wall ride it's heaps smoother.Still not much in the way of B lines but most stuff is heaps smoother and easier for beginners.

Arran

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been relyably informed that:

Yellow Post has been upgraded (it's a variation on the International).

There's now a link between Abom and International. The new run is called the 'Interbom'.

The terain park should go in this Summer!

See you up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

isthisthepart

... where I admit I'm an idiot?
from my experience mt. buller is the best track i have ever ridden in my life, its so well organised with the lifts and different tracks. there is always a b-line to anything that has a possible difficult factor especially the wall ride that has broken chicken wire on it :p if you have the slightest chance to go to mt. buller take it up its definantly worth the trip

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
isthisthepart said:
there is always a b-line to anything that has a possible difficult factor especially the wall ride that has broken chicken wire on it :p
Gotta disagree with you on that one - there's not exactly much of a B line at the wallride. Don't get me wrong i love Buller and yesterday I had the most fun riding I'v eever had, but chicken lines aren't exactly its strongest point.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
andy73 said:
Gotta disagree with you on that one - there's not exactly much of a B line at the wallride. Don't get me wrong i love Buller and yesterday I had the most fun riding I'v eever had, but chicken lines aren't exactly its strongest point.
It wouldn't be International if it had B-lines for everything, would it?

S.

ex offender
t said:
You could say the same about "it wouldn't be International if it had ramps over every previously natural obstacle would it?"

Where the wallride is however, there's simply nowhere to put a B-line. Where are you going to go? Straight off a cliff?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
S. said:
Where the wallride is however, there's simply nowhere to put a B-line. Where are you going to go? Straight off a cliff?
I actually thought about that many times...

If the wallride wasnt there they could make an ace flowing drop into a lefthander down the fire road... with a nice plush landing of course. It seems that corner is just a dog - dont get me wrong, the wallride is quite rideable, but when there is a straight run in before it that would be ace if you could stay off the brakes, it would be even better to stay off the brakes and hit a nice gap off the end (make sense??)

i can dream:rolleyes:

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I've heard, they're planning to make another wooden berm straight after the wallride sweeping right so you can get some speed onto the firetrail. In my opinion this would be a great move as currently you basically have to slam on the brakes out of the wallride and start off again (ie. no flow).

Please feel free to tell me if you've heard anything different.

---Matt---

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
---Matt--- said:
From what I've heard, they're planning to make another wooden berm straight after the wallride sweeping right so you can get some speed onto the firetrail. In my opinion this would be a great move as currently you basically have to slam on the brakes out of the wallride and start off again (ie. no flow).
yeh that's right but it was deemed non-esential so it wasn't real high on the priority list, it might get done mid season once they go back to weekends only.

t said:
sorry, that's a bit of an in-joke amoungst the volunteers, thats what we would yell at people making the track too easy.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
t said:
sorry, that's a bit of an in-joke amoungst the volunteers, thats what we would yell at people making the track too easy.
it's a good point and all I've done is shown up and ride as opposed to getting up there and picking up a shovel.

A wooden berm at the bottom of the wallride? i reckon that'll reduce flow rather than add to it. A dirt berm would be a hell of a lot better IMO.

I like Ajay's idea. A kind of road gap type thing would be awesome. Can't recall what the layour of trees is there though. If you could thread it through some trees it would be good.

Heppla

Likes Dirt
Woodern Berm

The Woodern berm is set to be started wed morning and finished as soon as possable.

isthisthepart

... where I admit I'm an idiot?
sorry, i see where you are all coming from with the no b-line on the wall ride, i just thought that when going down it was easier to roll down and pull up over the dirt step type things (maybe im crazy?) :p ralph (simpsons) " leave me alone"

juzz

Likes Dirt
If its that hard, stay on the abom. Speaking of which the ftf and the vic mtb shop on the moutain are holding a race up there this weekend. so spread the word.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah it took me a few runs to get the International sorted out. Where would you be if you gave up because you couldn't ride it at once?