Mt Buller

Gravjunkie

Likes Dirt
I thought we were Downhillers!

juzz said:
If its that hard, stay on the abom. .
Here, here, lets stop talking about making tracks easier, this is Downhill, if you've got the nads, step up to the plate, your riding will reflect.

Heppla

Likes Dirt
New Woodern Berm!

The new woodern berm is complete, it comes with two options around the tree is the new berm which has a small drop off onto the fire road, before the tree is a small ramp and step onto the fire road. So get up to buller and try it! International is still open this weekend, so if the race isn't for you then you can buy a normal lift ticket and ride it all day!

polza

Likes Dirt
Heppla said:
The new woodern berm is complete, it comes with two options around the tree is the new berm which has a small drop off onto the fire road, before the tree is a small ramp and step onto the fire road. So get up to buller and try it! International is still open this weekend, so if the race isn't for you then you can buy a normal lift ticket and ride it all day!

You seem to know everything but you werent there helping me and macca?

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gravjunkie said:
Here, here, lets stop talking about making tracks easier, this is Downhill, if you've got the nads, step up to the plate, your riding will reflect.
Dude you're right on the money and I'm not talking about making downhill easier. i don't have a problem hitting the wallride, however I do believe that to progress you need to push yourself in a progression, ie: gradually ramp up the level of things you're hitting. I believe that the difference in skill/confidence required to hit the wallride compared with running abom is huge. If you got the skills to step it up from abom, taking on international is the logical (and only) choice. A b-line at the wallride gives riders the opportunity to push themselves by tackling the more technical International run, while still building thier confience. And let's not forget that there are b lines around some of the easier stunts on international, such s the treee drop.
I'm not saying we should make downhill easier, i'm saying we should give riders the chance to develop thier skills safely, rather than saying, "you're not as good as me - stick with Abom."

LordNikon

Uber Geek
good point andy.

I also think the difference between abom and international is too great. Being relatively new to DH riding I have found the last couple of years that international is far too hardcore for me but abom is too easy. Either some B Lines, or better yet a mid level run to compliment the current 2, would be great.

That said though I'll be up there as often as I can this year, regardless of whether I can ride international or not.