Mt Coramba trail maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

siz

Eats Squid
Not long now!

I got some ideas too.....can I share?

ok ,thanks

I think you guys should bust yr guts on Fri morn then when we rock up bout 1ish, we crack a few tinnies and walk the areas you guys have been working on all morning just to pick out the problems and what needs to be addressed for the future......;):D

how does that sit with you guys???

zap
Then, once the track putdown has finished, i suggest that we get on our bikes and run it in whilst pulling skids coz of it being so unrideable:D:p

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon tomorrow we get there and do what ever work needs to be done while drinking and hanging shit on Dozer. Then we drink for a while and hang some shit on Dozer. Then we walk the track and work out some future plans for our next trip with dozer taking notes so we dont forget while we hang shit on Dozer. Then we drink some, hang some shit on Dozer and go home to um er drink and hang shit on Dozer.................

How does that sit with you guys?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fine with me, I'm all for a bit of a punch up come Sunday morning. Just don't forget the grog!
If you guys could pack a couple of shovels that'd be awesome.

siz

Eats Squid
Packed

Shovel n rake is all i got, axe has been swallowed by the black abiss under my house:confused:

siz

Eats Squid
Works well

I'm refreshing this idea as I may start building this early on Friday. The pallets are beginning to decay so we'll need to do something anyway.
Any objections to removing the timber work and having it all dirt? I will make the berm after it more appropriate and we'll have a quicker speed through the whole thing.
Good work on the upgrade there you blokes. New line works well, you can now see the preferred track line, keep the small log drop and maybe shove some rocks under it to stop it vibrating loose in the berm. Otherwise yank it out for max speed through both corners.
Should compact down well with this rain youre having, along with the tranny extension we all worked on.

Like we were talking about Dozer, with the tranny, maybe stake a log on the slope side to stop the erosion and widen it a tad to the left??;)

You fellas did a great job on the rebuild.
Thanks.
:)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I did a few jobs on Sunday morning in the rain on some of the new stuff. I packed some more dirt on the exposed log where the pallets used to be so hopefully it stays. I also put some more fill on the kicker onto the timber ramp at the bottom to make it more of a kick.
I'd be surprised if any of the new dirt is still in place as we've had 200mm of rain in two days..............bummer!
The extended landing works well but it could be wider and have a higher down ramp. No one buggered it up but it could be made better eh?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Thanks to T-Roy and Franky for their huge effort on Saturday! The rock garden is now stable and looks bloody great! No one has an excuse to not roll it now.............;)

Boostpig

Likes Bikes

Hi
Ive been riding this track a fair bit latley its verry good!! but as you have said that corner near the 30fter does need maintance i went their on boxing day and it was a bit choped out from the rain. im from crescent head so it is a bit of a drive but i will have to meet up with you guys one weekend we can do some riding and fix up some of that stuff. :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Don't change the track because it doesn't suit you!!!
I did some push runs early today and discovered that some fucking bonehead has fully dismantled the second last jump that sends you onto the timber ramp. I was up there yesterday morning so I know it happened either Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning.
I don't expect whoever did it to own up because they are obviously lacking some vital ingredients in the intelligence department but know this: If you find it fitting to destroy something that I spend hours of my own time maintaining so you can enjoy your day on your bike then you are not welcome to ride the track and your aren't welcome in the rest of the DH community. You've also put your head on a plate.
Of course, you can own up and say sorry and put it back together but I doubt you've got the brains to be honest. Don't come near the hill again unless you own up and fix it. Idiot.............:mad:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Don't change the track because it doesn't suit you!!!
I did some push runs early today and discovered that some fucking bonehead has fully dismantled the second last jump that sends you onto the timber ramp. I was up there yesterday morning so I know it happened either Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning.
I don't expect whoever did it to own up because they are obviously lacking some vital ingredients in the intelligence department but know this: If you find it fitting to destroy something that I spend hours of my own time maintaining so you can enjoy your day on your bike then you are not welcome to ride the track and your aren't welcome in the rest of the DH community. You've also put your head on a plate.
Of course, you can own up and say sorry and put it back together but I doubt you've got the brains to be honest. Don't come near the hill again unless you own up and fix it. Idiot.............:mad:
furkin twat heads!!!!!!...if you can get half day on Fri dozer we can rebuild if you want...we will proll be on hill by 1pm our time, not yr time.....:p:p

Boostpig

Likes Bikes

IT wasnt me havnt been their since boxing day, i love that last jump clearing it onto the timber ramp if anything the tabletop needs to be made bigger. when i was their the ramp onto the timber downramp had been made bigger it was good:D

darth rider

Likes Bikes
vandals

Dozer you should put a sign up somewhere there with a message to that effect- I doubt a dip sh#t(s) like that could operate a computer! (but perhaps reading might be a bit of a stretch too :rolleyes:)
We were up there on the 29th and the track was good... We saw Stu - (what's his username here on farkin?) and extended the invitation for anyone who's down Port way to come & have a ride on our track. Don't expect too much though :eek: it's not really in Mt. Coramba's league. I'm up on the Goldie now but I can put you guys in touch with the Port Crew, and I think Stu might have one of the guys' numbers.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've now got a fair idea of who may have been involved. No point putting it on a forum, I'll just front them and play Sale of the Century quiz time....

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
I've now got a fair idea of who may have been involved. No point putting it on a forum, I'll just front them and play Sale of the Century quiz time....
The other day i seen alot of young guys ie kids loading up on the back of a ute heading up there.
There has also been alot of young fellas from around here that have been heading out there now.Time to bring them into line ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The other day i seen alot of young guys ie kids loading up on the back of a ute heading up there.
There has also been alot of young fellas from around here that have been heading out there now.Time to bring them into line ;)
If you see them again Kev, please let them know that their are some dogs out there with pretty big teeth and they aren't afraid to bite if someone touches their territory. Young punks............unfortunately though, the young ones aren't the only one's to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.