NSW Mt Keira - general track maintanence and changes discussion.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ok everyone, here are some simple guidlines to this thread for it to work.
  • post up changes to tracks eg. a jump being built bigger or extended back
  • tell us all of trail hazards in through detail, not just "Oh yeah, ya know that jump, next to that tree with the corner before it?" We all need specific details to ensure safety and understanding
  • tell us all of proposed changes, stunts, building ideas and plans.
  • try to include pictures if possible, if not a diagram, if not just explain in great detail
That just about covers what I'm getting at here.

I will start off with thanking Hamish, Fergus and I think Llyod helped out a bit as well in maintaining the Huckers trail, you guys have done an aweosme job from what I saw on foot, should be just as awesome to ride!

Also everyone read this thread for a temporary closure to the right line of Huckers:
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?198062-Mt-Keira-Huckers-Track-right-line

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
The track that comes of the stepdown on Holy Pt. 1 (the track thaty goes straight instead of turning right along the main track) is closed until further notice.
I pretty much built the whole track and I am maintaining it aswell as putting in some berms, thanks drewie162 for helping me out. The berms need to compact so give it another week or two and the track will be open back up and improved for your enjoyment.

P.S. the branches accross the entrance are there for a reason! ;)

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Cheers ty. It would be better if everyone who rides puts in a little bit of maintenance every now and then. The tracks would be a whole lot better to ride.

Cheers hamish.

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
We went for a few runs today of huckers and seemed to over clearing the double with braking. The only reason it was built so short was because you had to turn after it.With the jump and berm above it you carry so much more speed into it so now we are heading up to move the down ramp back a meter or so. We may also build a few smallish jumps all the straight were the step up step down used to be.

Cheers Hamish.

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having ridden Keira on several occasions, you guys certainly have enough variety and amount of lines. My own personal opinion is that Keira really needs regular maintenance. There is no point building a new berm here, new jump there, if you are letting the rest of the features just erode after time. It doesn't help that Keira gets a high amount of riders each weekend, but looking after what you have, will do wonders in time.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Having ridden Keira on several occasions, you guys certainly have enough variety and amount of lines. My own personal opinion is that Keira really needs regular maintenance. There is no point building a new berm here, new jump there, if you are letting the rest of the features just erode after time. It doesn't help that Keira gets a high amount of riders each weekend, but looking after what you have, will do wonders in time.
And that's exactly what we are trying to organise in this thread. New additions can also enhance a track if needed, but this thread is to discuss both maintanence issues and new features.

tom92

Likes Dirt
I will start off with thanking Hamish, Fergus and Tom and I think Llyod helped out a bit as well in maintaining the Huckers trail, you guys have done an aweosme job from what I saw on foot, should be just as awesome to ride!

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?198062-Mt-Keira-Huckers-Track-right-line
good idea ty.....keira could do with a bit of work and if people put more effort into maintainence the tracks could run sooo much better..

tom

Last edited:

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My own personal opinion is that Keira really needs regular maintenance. There is no point building a new berm here, new jump there, if you are letting the rest of the features just erode after time. It doesn't help that Keira gets a high amount of riders each weekend, but looking after what you have, will do wonders in time.
This is precisely what the lads have done so you are in effect preaching to the converted. The work they've done is quality and the "new" berms are just an addition to a few corners that could have done with a berm from the get-go to prevent erosion.

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Thanks . norco rulz there is always a spare shovel here if you want to lend a hand. More work up Keria will lead to better tracks in the long run.

thanks lloyd

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Norcorulz

We actually were doing maitenence to the berms that were already there

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
here is a tip put a sign at the top of the track to notify any riders of what you are doing and where you are building so they know where to slow down

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
here is a tip put a sign at the top of the track to notify any riders of what you are doing and where you are building so they know where to slow down
yes good idea
but you would have to get a new sign every time and most likely some one will steal it
but great idea

As far as im concerned the track is going good now so every now and then someone should get up there and have a dig to keep the track in good running order.

thanks lloyd

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
any thing in particular that needs to be done cause I am doing nothing so if theres a building/maintenance day tell me!!!!!!

boxx(downhill)er

Likes Dirt
its been a couple weeks since iv'e been up there but the little step down before the turnoff to ty's track could do with a bit of a lip as half of it has fallin off. i'm not sure how you could do this though because this is one of the parts of the track that gets the highest amounts of traffic. also the corner approaching barrel jump has become pretty trashed and could be built a tad bigger. if i knew where tools were i would lend a hand but let me know if you are going to have a build day