NSW Mt Keira - general track maintanence and changes discussion.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Alright guys, I inspected the big drop today and when I stood on it, it was about to collapse, it has a massive crack in one of the main supports and I'm only 45 kilograms heavy...
I suggest that every should stay of it, on or off a bike, I have put a branch on the run in, hopefuly you won't just get ride of it and decide it's a good idea to leap without looking.

I also propose we should get rid of it completely, when you go up there and inspect it, you will see what I mean...

yeahyeah

Likes Dirt
I dont think you guys should get rid of it completely,Myslef and djfr had a look the other week when we were riding it.
We might be able to help you guys fix it,we have power tools and will get it done in no time we also might be able to bring with us. We dont mind helping you guys maintain the trail we ride it to and love it will keep you posted if we can make it down soon:cool:

Last edited:

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
My vote is we wreck it. Then build a step down that you can hit with the speed that you get comming out of hukkahs.
It could be just a metre or so further on than the old stepdown but higher.

Cheers Hamish

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
i reckon we should fix it
and the berms going into barrel is a shocker
I have seen 5 people stack on that in the holidays
so i will try and fix it, if any one wants to help pm me
and for step down holy one yes it does need a new lip try and do that too

pm me

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt

pm me
I reckon you don't hit it so don't bother and the berm into barel jump isn't even bad.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Incompetance is not the reason to change a trail. If this were to happen for every time someone crashed then the entire hill would need to be flattened and bubble wrapped. Same goes for the step down lip, what is wrong with it? Dirt is all in place and it is a pretty easy launch...

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media

pm me
Ok, I agree 100% with Hamish/Fergus/who ever said it. You don't hit it anyway.
Are you sure those people just didn't suck? Or that they just did somethign they usually didn't do, stacks happen, and I know for a fact myself and many others don't have a problem with that berm.
Don't fix it, it's fine, I rode it today and had no problems. I will patch up some of those in-berm braking bumps tomorrow when I go up for a build.

Also, with the Holy Part 1 step-down, it had a lip, people were landing to flat, so we chipped it away, right now it's PERFECT, don't alter it at all, PLEASE!

but the berm of step down needs work
What berm of the step-down, you generally don't have berms going of stepdowns? Maybe into them?

Incompetance is not the reason to change a trail. If this were to happen for every time someone crashed then the entire hill would need to be flattened and bubble wrapped. Same goes for the step down lip, what is wrong with it? Dirt is all in place and it is a pretty easy launch...
Reuban, you just took my words, make them 10 times more convincing aswell as 10 times less harsh! ;)

Last edited:

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
yer sorry
the berm after the holy1 step down
near the entrance of your track
its to small for the speed you are traveling at when you go into it
so if you can fix it up
or
if you want me to fix it
I will do so

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
yer sorry
the berm after the holy1 step down
near the entrance of your track
its to small for the speed you are traveling at when you go into it
so if you can fix it up
or
if you want me to fix it
I will do so
Yet, you complain about not being able to hit the step-down because the lip is shit? Mate, try going into that berm with the speed you are carrying after hitting that step-down, you will be going even faster... and I think the berm is more then adequate for the speed you are carrying...

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Yet, you complain about not being able to hit the step-down because the lip is shit? Mate, try going into that berm with the speed you are carrying after hitting that step-down, you will be going even faster... and I think the berm is more then adequate for the speed you are carrying...
yes
but
I was just thinking of making the berm bigger then make another berm on the other side so make doubles, well thats my thought might be shit to you guys but I don't really mind it that much

and I was up there the other day some one mad a jump at the end of holy1 off the rock now that looks pretty good but needs a down ramp

good job

Last edited:

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
and I was up there the other day some one mad a jump at the end of holy1 off the rock now that looks pretty good but needs a down ramp

good job
Cheers buz. When I hit it I realised it needs to be a bit longer and not so steep, and the fact that it doesn't have a down ramp doesn't matter.

The berm is fine, Mt Keira aint the Whistler slalom event. If you want fancy dual berms to race on, find your own private property and go nuts! :D

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Cheers buz. When I hit it I realised it needs to be a bit longer and not so steep, and the fact that it doesn't have a down ramp doesn't matter.

The berm is fine, Mt Keira aint the Whistler slalom event. If you want fancy dual berms to race on, find your own private property and go nuts! :D
hahahaha
yer I am in the middle of making a track in my private property
yer the jump is cool
but I suppose if you mad a down ramp it would be on the road hahaha
yer cool jump

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
OK guys, on Chris' track I encountered a fallen tree just before that first steepish shoot that goes into that log drop kinda thing.
If someone could get up there and clear it out that would be good, I don't think it's a chainsaw job, but if you wanted to make your job easier, go for it.

Also has anyone rode Greg's as of late? The one up from Huckers. Does it need some clearing, I might go up the next rainy day we get or whenever I get some time away from work/riding/filming/what ever and go up for a build. If anyone is interested in clearing out and cutting back any track that need doing so, contact me.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Also has anyone rode Greg's as of late? The one up from Huckers. Does it need some clearing, I might go up the next rainy day we get or whenever I get some time away from work/riding/filming/what ever and go up for a build. If anyone is interested in clearing out and cutting back any track that need doing so, contact me.
I was filming there on Saturday and there was nothing wrong
but since the wind yesterday could of done it

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I was filming there on Saturday and there was nothing wrong
but since the wind yesterday could of done it
Last time I rode it, it was getting a little tight in places. I will also go and clear out Holy 2 (again in the past 6 months).
Oh, on topic for Holy 2, anyone know how my bridge is holding up? That final one that goes into the switchback? Need some patching up anytime soon?

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
where is the top pf keira track is it at the fire trail that goes to the uni trail or is it on the road just after the archery?