NSW Mt Keira - general track maintanence and changes discussion.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
On another hand there has been alot of glass around and on the track. I have done my best trying to clean it up. But come on guys stop smashing glass bottles.
I am quite positive you will find that glass to be from back when the mines were operating, it's everywhere on the tracks...

Also what do you mean by "the step-down on Greg's"?
I can't say I understand where that is...

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
just normal step down. Next to big drop?
Might have been a tad easier calling it that...
It has been crumbled for ages, still easy enough to hit it.
I have been thinking about pulling it back and angling it to make it more of a hip for ages now though, what does everyone think of this idea?

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Might have been a tad easier calling it that...
It has been crumbled for ages, still easy enough to hit it.
I have been thinking about pulling it back and angling it to make it more of a hip for ages now though, what does everyone think of this idea?
It would be alright.
if you need a hand. I'll help out

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And also there was a new jump built at the bottom of holy1. Thanks to Koe and Nick.
If you could tell me if you got it finished or not it will be great.

Cheers Scott
Upramp is completely done, probably might need to compact it more tomorrow but yeah just about done. Haven't even started on a downramp, we will be doing it tomorrow although it might not get finished. Didn't bother posting it in here because it doesn't effect anyone as there is plenty of room to go around it and it was just a flat area anyway so it will be easily visible when you are riding down the track.

As for the step-down. I personally haven't noticed any difference at all with it. Making it a hip wouldn't be too bad either if done well but for the time being there's probably better things on the track that need work.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Upramp is completely done, probably might need to compact it more tomorrow but yeah just about done. Haven't even started on a downramp, we will be doing it tomorrow although it might not get finished
If you need help. Just pm got nothing to do tomorrow.

sslam60

limited brainpower
The step down is really going. is is just over half as wide now.not looking too good... if i had a shovel up their it would take no more that 5 minutes to fix up. just get the dirt from the right of it and re-dig the steps that go up the landing. it is starting to get impossible to walk up that hill after the slightest bit of rain, and now that we are in winter there is gonna be more rain.

Ty, were you talking about doing a knock down re-build of the berms before the step down?

koe/extreme dh

Likes Dirt
The step down is really going. is is just over half as wide now.not looking too good... if i had a shovel up their it would take no more that 5 minutes to fix up. just get the dirt from the right of it and re-dig the steps that go up the landing. it is starting to get impossible to walk up that hill after the slightest bit of rain, and now that we are in winter there is gonna be more rain.

Ty, were you talking about doing a knock down re-build of the berms before the step down?
To be honest if you are going off that side of the jump your not going to have a very smooth landing. The jump does need some touching up to look a bit better but I say we leave it as is unless someone is willing to put in a quality job(not a "5 minute job") to elimanate the possibilty of making the jump worse then it already is.

As for what ty said, he said that the jump should be knocked down and re-built further back, so you jump straight out of the corner(I wouldn't call it a berm) so it is more like a hip jump. This would make it more challenging but yet again, if not done with care and with a large ammount of time and effort this may ruin possibly the most known part of all the trails at mt keira.

zen zen

Likes Dirt
Yeah with the step down, i wouldn't say i need to be knocked down or anything just needs to be touched up. like everything over time it has eroded so just a bit of dirt and making it level again is all thats needed.

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Upramp is completely done, probably might need to compact it more tomorrow but yeah just about done. Haven't even started on a downramp, we will be doing it tomorrow although it might not get finished. Didn't bother posting it in here because it doesn't effect anyone as there is plenty of room to go around it and it was just a flat area anyway so it will be easily visible when you are riding down the track.

As for the step-down. I personally haven't noticed any difference at all with it. Making it a hip wouldn't be too bad either if done well but for the time being there's probably better things on the track that need work.
Yesterday me and a couple of mates made a down ramp for this jump with the barrel that was next to it, it is not finished yet but we are going up to build now because one of my mates said that someone took the barrel out of the barrel jump and recked it and the berm before ty's little jumps has also been destroyed he did not go up further than the barrel jump so he does not know what damage has been done. We do not yet know the culprits but we are going to try to rebuild the stuff that has been destroyed and make it better.

My mate also said that they took the rocks out that were on top of nicks jump so it is heaps small now we will fix that too

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Yesterday me and a couple of mates made a down ramp for this jump with the barrel that was next to it, it is not finished yet but we are going up to build now because one of my mates said that someone took the barrel out of the barrel jump and recked it and the berm before ty's little jumps has also been destroyed he did not go up further than the barrel jump so he does not know what damage has been done. We do not yet know the culprits but we are going to try to rebuild the stuff that has been destroyed and make it better.

My mate also said that they took the rocks out that were on top of nicks jump so it is heaps small now we will fix that too
What a joke.
Who would even do that.
seriously.
I'm going up tomorrow so I will suss it out.
If the people are up there wrecking it again. I will make them rebuild it.
But if its that bad I go home and get the things needed and go back up and build.

Last edited:

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is absolutely shit news. If it's true I'm going to be pretty cut. Put so much effort in for some people to just destroy it...

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are we talking the barrel jump on the top part of holy trail?

Me and a couple others were riding up there Sunday arvo and everything was fine.. so would have been later that arvo or Monday if they did do anything?

sslam60

limited brainpower
i went up their on Monday afternoon for a push run. i got to the bottom and started walking up. once i got to the step-down there was a big stick/log on the landing ramp so i moved it and thought to myself "who's the dumb fuck that put that there!" anyway, go to the top of the track with nothing else different, was all stokes because the track was just a bit damp to make it all nice and tacky. i rode holy one fine but as i was riding along the road between Holy 1 and Greg's I saw 2 guys. about 14 or 15, one was short and fat with long black curly hair. the other was about normal with short black hair about 5ft 8". the short fat one was carrying a stick that was about 80cm long and 2 inches in diameter. he looked a bit sus. im not sure what it was but i had a bad feeling about him, i continued on down the track and everything was fine but after step-down you come go past rock gap, around the corner and down the strait and into the rock garden. got through there fine and really fast. (managed to hold by line trough there for once) then you some around the corner and jump off that rock that is on the side of the track. about 3m past that there was a vine across the track just at the right height to coat hanger someone. luckily they cant tie knots for shit and it came undone, but i am left with a nasty cut on my neck. so i stop, un tie the side of the vine that did not come undone and throw it into the bush. Get back on my bike and pedal towards the rock roll over around the corner. i then have to stop again because there is a log on it. then i move that continue down and there is another rock on last jump into the creek.

the only thing that stopped me from putting my bike in the bush and running back up the track and giving him his stick back (after i belt the shit out of him with it) was that i had an hour ride home and i was already 4:15PM. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: so if you ever see him up their, feel free to give him a belting.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
What a joke.
Me and mate are going to fix up barrel and might get around to make a few jumps if we get time.
Is any one else going up?

sslam60

limited brainpower
That is absolutely shit news. If it's true I'm going to be pretty cut. Put so much effort in for some people to just destroy it...

yeah, the new ramp that you made at the end of Holy was really solid. flat landed really nose heave almost went OTB tho.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, the new ramp that you made at the end of Holy was really solid. flat landed really nose heave almost went OTB tho.
It didn't have a downramp, so would you flat land it every time? I wasn't expecting people to hit it until it had a lander but I guess it wouldn't have hurt, doesn't matter now anyway...

sslam60

limited brainpower
It didn't have a downramp, so would you flat land it every time? I wasn't expecting people to hit it until it had a lander but I guess it wouldn't have hurt, doesn't matter now anyway...
nah, on monday arvo it had a landing ramp. im going up soon so ill sus it out.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
Yer hey guys.
Went up today and the barrel was gone, so we found it, barrel is all good now. You get more air now, so its sweet.
And we built the down ramp to that jump to nick.
And that last berm is all good to.

cheers