MTB Cruise 100 - 25 February 2012

ming

Likes Bikes
Pork Barrel is great - it lets you justify riding a duallie :tickled_pink:

For better or worse, the track on the event web site does not go down Pork Barrel - it goes past PB and down Magpie Rock. This is at least as rocky as Pork Barrel, but does not have the drop-offs which freak people out. Take it easy down here on the first lap.

trailbunny

Rocky Trail Entertainment
MTB Cruise 100 racers get free CORC race entry

Hi guys, I wanted to let you know about an important message from Kris Nicholls from CORC - she has confirmed that all MTB Cruise 100 racers and our riders get to race for free at the club race on the Sunday at Kowen Forest:

"The CORC race is a 3hr enduro held at Kowen Forest. It will be no more than a 10km loop (the Mont loop is about 23km). You'll be able to race as solo or pairs and the cost is $10 for MTBA members. If you need a day licence, this is an extra $20.
There is also a Rocky Trail event on the Saturday at Stromlo. It's their MTB Cruise. Anyone doing the 100 mile or km Challenge at the MTB Cruise 100 gets free entry in the 3hr if they show me their Cruise number plate on the day. Kris"

More information about the CORC race - click here.

Looking forward to an awesome racing weekend in Canberra!

Cheers, Juliane + Martin

Last edited:

trailburner

Weather forecast at this stage for the MTB Crusie 100 is a hot one! We will bring extra GU drinks and gels that you can purchase at registration

aaron

Likes Bikes
100mi numbers

Hey guys any idea rider numbers for the 100mi?

I want to work out how many people have to DNF before I get on the podium and win some Bernard beer!

trailburner

Hey guys any idea rider numbers for the 100mi?

I want to work out how many people have to DNF before I get on the podium and win some Bernard beer!
We got 20 100 milers.

Remember it starts at 5am so you will need lights for your first lap!

Track is in good shape, mostly dry with a few puddles. Saturday will be warm so bring a Camelbak or 2 bottles. I don't think 1 will be enough per lap.

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
We got 20 100 milers.

Remember it starts at 5am so you will need lights for your first lap!

Track is in good shape, mostly dry with a few puddles. Saturday will be warm so bring a Camelbak or 2 bottles. I don't think 1 will be enough per lap.
How many females?

ming

Likes Bikes
Any chance of Rocky Trail putting some water barrels on course? The western car park (at the bottom of Double Dissolution) would be a useful spot.

trailburner

Any chance of Rocky Trail putting some water barrels on course? The western car park (at the bottom of Double Dissolution) would be a useful spot.
We will have 3 feed zones:
at the event centre
the tap on the top of the climb at the Observatory
and a third one which you pass twice at the top of Double Dissolution / Partyline

Take 2 bottles with you. I rode with 1 today bunting the track and wished I had more.

trailburner

We are still working on the rider list. We might be able to post it tomorrow afternoon after we close registration. We have a really good field. Slighty higher numbers than last year by the looks of things.
Can't wait to start the racing season with you guys!

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
damn was a tought day at the office yesterday. i am extremely disappointed in my times/pre race preparation.. not enough carbs and salts.. cramped REALLLLL bad! sucked!

Also couple of observations

3rd feed station near party line had run out of water for quite some time.... Although all the free gu/lollies were a great plus! i had my own but saw plenty of people putting their feet up getting some food into em!

Bunting was a bit so so... alot of people "accidentally" took short cuts...too many cheaters.. sucked! If you knew the track you were ok! and even if you didnt it was fairly clear which way TO take.. not necessarily the other way round .IE DONT take this route... Maybe a RED STOP sign on places where it forks..

DRINKS! i would have killed for an ice cold sugary drink post race.... serves me right for not bringing an esky! lesson learned!

on the good site.
Great friendly attitude all round..
Weather was awesome.. although HOT n dry.. a little breeze would of been heaven..
registration/race went ahead with no hitches.. thanks for my free waterbottle...
Great Track! first time out! and loved it all. It tough on the upper body, legs, butt and mind! Big kudos to the dude on the unicycle! who completed the 66km. plenty of young soft pricks unable to do it on a conventional MTB... let along no gears and one wheel!! He deserved a case of beer and celebratory champagne showers lol!

looking forward to my next Rocky Trail Event!