MTB shoes

I prefer the following characteristics in an MTB shoe

• When clipped I want max stiffness for power transmission and improved platform on the pedals

• When clipped I want more stiffness then a flat shoe, but I’m not a roadie.

• When on flats I prefer stiffness to grip, but grip is still important. Walking is for whimps

• When on Flats I prefer max grip, but prefer to be able to walk when not pedalling.

• When on Flats I want max grip and moderate stiffness. Goldilocks

• I don’t wear shoes, the leather soles of my feet grip nice

Results are only viewable after voting.

jrewing

Eats Squid
What shoe
you will like the Aftons then ... heavy discount on MTBD I believe.
The wrap around thing was the main reason we didnt end up there ... me personally I liked the feel of the Aftons ... but our more gravity focused riders wanted more stiffness.
What shoes are you doing?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Let me know what stiffness is like
finally the site is back up..woohoo

brandon semenuk can eat a bag of ...

got the etnies mid crank mtb shoe mini review , found them to be pretty soft, not much sole or upper support, cos i’m a ss’er have to do odd bit of walking, in gisborne the upper of the shoe whereby you stand on the ball of your foot when climbing steeply flexes a lot..the sole was not much better than my skate shoes, fair bit of flex up front, the back was a bit better...as for grip, probably only on point with my skate shoes,

i only tried my mates 5-10 in the car pk on a few gutters, but his worn shoes seemed to grip the saint pedals much better...still only a couple of rides in, one was for 2.5hrs and i didn’t get sore feet from them...but i would conclude there should be better options around,

i found them to be slightly slippery when pedalling on the flat, my left foot esp. wanted to move around a bit, did a couple of tiny drops, they stayed in place ok on them, still working out to do fake a bunny hop in flats, on logs my foot almost wants to bounce off when i land, still working on heels down

Daniel Hale

rode macedon late this afternoon, sketchy as hell, foot bounced off twice & nearly crashed, 2nd half of 2nd run slightly better, think i had my foot too far back, tried keep pedal spindle close to ball of foot

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Is this thread about looking for yourself or stocking something new @Nerf Herder?

Of topic but a mate recently bought a Beto surge and it's an awesome but of kit for the price except for the scaling on the guage isn't great for MTB pressures (if you can provide them feedback)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Is this thread about looking for yourself or stocking something new @Nerf Herder?

Of topic but a mate recently bought a Beto surge and it's an awesome but of kit for the price except for the scaling on the guage isn't great for MTB pressures (if you can provide them feedback)
it’s for work purposes ... I know what I like ... Sam is out injured, so cant test, he is opposite to me and wants stiffness ... Our other testers want more stiffness as well. I really like the shoe ... but I ride in anything ... so using you lot to see if stiffness is compulsory or if some mid sole flex is also in demand. So far seems me and Pink are weirdos.

Stiffies are king for flats

Also thanks re BETO ... will pass on ... generally not known for gauge accuracy

What shoes are you doing?
not finalised yet ... but close. Just working out some product dev stuff, they are saying all the right things which is unusual this early in the relationship.

Thanks again all

Daniel Hale

i’ll b doing a 3hr trail tomorrow, 1 thing which has surprised me, on the 2.5hr ride even though shoes feel soft my feet are not sore in any way post ride or day after..i know my skate type shoes my feet are uncomfortable by the time i take them off...i might try some vpn harrier v2 pedals, hopefully thinner profile will help pedal strikes

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I bought a cheapy recently as a backup. Within 1psi of my standalone digital gauge. Unfortunately the hose is too short to reach wheels in the workstand though.

Stiffy shoes.

jrewing

Eats Squid
it’s for work purposes ... I know what I like ... Sam is out injured, so cant test, he is opposite to me and wants stiffness ... Our other testers want more stiffness as well. I really like the shoe ... but I ride in anything ... so using you lot to see if stiffness is compulsory or if some mid sole flex is also in demand. So far seems me and Pink are weirdos.

not finalised yet ... but close. Just working out some product dev stuff, they are saying all the right things which is unusual this early in the relationship.

Thanks again all
Well hurry up. Size 44 please

Ackland

chats d'élevage

If there's a stiff xc shoe in their line up then I'm always interested.
These Ghost xcm are awesome for me at the moment but they've changed them for 2020 so I can't get another pair.
This is why I often get a second pair if I can.

I note there's no Aussie distributor for Suplest @Nerf Herder... ;)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Feels like a roady thread where everyone is getting stiffies talking about stiff soles. Grip above all else for me.