MTB's in movies? (Bike scenes)

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's some gratuitous product placement by GT in 'Clueless' during the skateboard competition.
I know it's not the movies but Jessica Alba rode an F series Cannondale in Dark Angel.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
There's an old (mid-80's) Kevin Bacon film about a bike courier called 'Quicksilver' I remember watching it on cable when I was a young'un. It was pretty good if I remember rightly.

Speaking of couriers, I know it's not a movie reference but I've gotta put a mention in for 'Tires' the eccy-popping fluoro-clad bike courier with the mad mood swings from the greatest TV show ever: Spaced.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Speaking of couriers, I know it's not a movie reference but I've gotta put a mention in for 'Tires' the eccy-popping fluoro-clad bike courier with the mad mood swings from the greatest TV show ever: Spaced.
I've just discovered Spaced thanks to the best TV thread and watched the episode that finishes with Tires dancing to the traffic light noises not 1 hour ago. That dude is funny.

Its already mentioned but there is some very good street riding in the start of Taxi including a pretty good wall-ride on the side of a truck. I got quite excited watching it and was craning my neck in the cinema (yes I saw Taxi in a cinema) to see what it was. Not impressed when Queen Latifah skids to a stop on what from memory was a Nishiki. Anyone able to say who the rider is?

Suddenly have a burning desire to become a cannondale bike seat too........

Last edited:

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
"Better off Dead" 1985 comedy starring John Cusack. Spends a lot of the movie getting chased by a psycho paperboy who is screaming "give me my two dollars!"
I think near the end the paperboy chases him while he is skiing down a mountain.

ya_frizz

Likes Dirt
i remember in an earth quake movie i think it was called 10.0 or 10.5 a guy is riding away from stuff falling like buildings n stuff while an earth quake is going, he starts doing wall rides and bunny hopping cars n stuff