My Mate lost my Glory 00

Scott101

Likes Dirt
So last weekend I decided to take a work friend DH riding for the first time. We headed out to ride Matt's Track at ...... as most jumps have B lines and it would be a good easy shuttle with lots of runs for my mate to learn on.

So it was almost the end of the day, It was my turn to drive the shuttle and I thought it would be a good idea to let my friend ride my bike as the Big Hit he was riding is a bit old and shitty.

Being a new rider it was taking him along time to get down and he was happy that no one waited for him.

We waited at the bottom with no luck so did another run and hopefully pick him up on the next run down..... No luck there.

So we started looking for him, spoke to an old bloke chopping some wood and he had herd yells for help!!

Se after a bit of driving around and yelling out we herd from him and waited for him to come out of the bush.... about 1km from the bottom of the track!

However he emerged from the bush with out my bike.

He was a bit shaken but in pretty good shape, He had only been lost for a few hours... but with out local knowledge or bush skills he had panicked.

So a bit of a search up and down the tracks trying to work out where he left it with no luck. It was getting dark and he heading home... I was shattered. But happy for my mate being alive.

So after a bit of a chat to work out where he went to get lost. It ended up there was a fork in the track instead of turning right he went straight ( for those you know matts track where the top section joins the bottom section) but if you go straight you have to climb over some logs to stop you going but he just thought they were some of the jumps like the rest of the track.

He headed down a 4x4 track then onto another then on to a really steep muddy track and decided that going bush was a much better idea.

If he had of stayed on the 4x4 track he would have made it back to the car in about 5 mins.

So after searching this 4x4 track we found the tyre imprints in the mud. However he could not remember the direction or how far in. All he remembered it was before the creek.

The bush was really dense and after 4 solid days searching found the bike this arvo

I was happy to get it back before the bad weather set in and he was happy as it saved him at least a few $$$$.

Last edited:

a-line

Likes Dirt
Cool story. Glad to hear you found the bike. But could you please edit your post and remove the location, im sure the trail builders would appreciate not having the location made public. Thanks

dunndog

Eats Squid
Cool story. Glad to hear you found the bike. But could you please edit your post and remove the location, im sure the trail builders would appreciate not having the location made public. Thanks
My sentiments exactly. And keep a leash on your mate!!!!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Its okay to laugh about this story because your mate is okay and your bike is fine................ What a bizarre experience!