My Prototype Tramontane MK2

MrPlow

TMBC
Hey fellas.
Thought I should finally post a few pics of the bike I have been working on over the past few years.
This is the 2nd proto. first reasonably successfull but I had so many new ideas that I started again.
Frame is carbon, uni directional, vacuum bagged, mostly handmade female moulds.
Drivetrain is fully internal (there is a cover to go over the lower around the cranks).
Shock is internal, accesible by the seat mast.
gearing is a DIB style but in swingarm, freewheel on hub is locked, and a freewheel up concentric with the pivot allows shifting while coasting.

This is probably as "pretty" as it will look as I plan to use this chasis as a rolling test bed for different suspension system I have in mind, as well as a different gearing system.

Yes it is raked and low! My moulds allow me to custom the geo. the cranks are 160mm. So I went a 13.5 BB and 63 HA.
Weight is 41lb. But this one is overbuilt so I can afford to cut it to bits without it falling apart. some of the carbon is 12mm thick!

Shock is sitting vertically. the top shop mount is near the back of the seat mast. There is a link to a rising rate lever from the swingarm down.

Bit of assembly to go. Then some more riding as soon as our trails are better (I live in Toowoomba and flooding has fooked everything
)

After riding, new sexier moulds (and a better decal / paint scheme!) will be made with a view to go into production. I am taking my time on this to get it right though. More info here...
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/pag...s/106494828315
Thanks for looking

Cheers,

Greg

Attachments

Joy

Likes Dirt
Wow, just wow. I wish I had the skill (and patience) to build something like that

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ahhhh images of the old lahar bikes from NZ are flooding back, and this is very very good looking, in a concept car'esk way. very aero too. good work, i can always appreciate anyone that has both the time and the effort for quality work, and to build their own dreams. top job

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am just amazed at your handy work!
Beautiful mate!
It is just stunning!
Love the build, the colour, the shape, Everything!

AshR

Likes Dirt
HO LEE.... that looks amazing, hope it's dried out enough up there for you to take it for a spin and the post some video of it in action.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not totally liking the design, It looks ok but a few changes here and there - seat post?- and it would look killer...

But Handmade, custom geo and internal gearbox at 41lbs is damn impressive! Definitely looks like a great piece of gear! Good work, keen to see this in production one day.

duck_man

Likes Dirt
Chuck up some construction photos my good man, very keen to see the stages of this being built! Top marks!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
So.... How does she handle?
Any rides you can compare it too?
I'm keen to hear some feedback on the ride.

Very impressive.

MrPlow

TMBC
Assembly.jpg

For those curious on the suspension...
Shows the shock compressed, eccentric geometry adjustment and linkage setup.

MrPlow

TMBC
View attachment 194674
Swingarm componants fresh from the mould.
Sorry I am not giving too many of my constructionor gearbox tricks away fellas:)
As for the ride and handling? Too early to tell really. It felt very plush and botomless, which is what I was after. I came of a Sunday, before that a Spesialized SXT, and before that a Yeti DH9.

Attachments