Narby

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
Please see below the email I received today.

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your email. DELWP staff and the president of the Fat Tyre Flyers, Shane Currie, have met up this morning to discuss some of the risks and maintenance to the Narbethong track and we feel working together we can keep the track open for use in the future. Please be patient as works will be undertaken as soon as possible, the signs may then be removed.

Appreciate your input. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Cheers

Karen L Brown | Forest Stewardship Manager|Murrindindi
Regional Services | Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
1683 Healesville - Kinglake road, Toolangi, Victoria. 3777
T: 03 59 62 0228 | M: 0459 068 592 | E: karen.l.brown@delwp.vic.gov.au

cruxpitch

Likes Dirt
I spoke to Karen on my way home from work as she wanted to make contact. Great person who sees the value in Narby and what the riders bring to the area. At this stage she has informed me that due to the risk assessment being completed, and the road crossings being the issue, she hopes that interim measures such as signs indicating that DH riders be aware or even dismount to cross the road, may be a temporary measure put in place as soon as this weekend. The long term solution ( no so far away ) is a complete track realignment so no one has to cross a road. Karen also indicated that to stop the Moto riders from coming up the track, the drops will be made bigger.

I must say it was quite refreshing listening and talking to her. Very positive about a super quick resolution, and looks forward to having the MTB community welcomed back into Toolangi.

To all those who made contact voicing your concerns, well done. Karen was amazed with the feedback and did not realize the importance of our "Narby". To the past, present and future track fairies, thanks very much for all the work.

regards,

Rich

Last edited: