Need help choosing Queensland rural placement!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Enjoy the westerly winds & Stanthorpe is all yours buddy, I like walking around in my jocks so the coastal locations work for me. :behindsofa:
I can still do that! I just have them under my thermals is all...
Where's your stomping ground in Brisvegas?

DMan

I'm in the south east side of Brisbane about 23kms from the CBD. Not sure if you've heard of this bloke but I've done a few rides with him all over the country side in the past.
https://blog.neilennis.com/
I haven't but it looks cool. My partner and I are working our way around all the cool places ourselves. Queenstown and Taupo last year. Atherton and Rotovegas this year. Tassie next year! Woohoo.
I like Brissie. Got some good riding there. Gap creek is a Fav.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I haven't but it looks cool. My partner and I are working our way around all the cool places ourselves. Queenstown and Taupo last year. Atherton and Rotovegas this year. Tassie next year! Woohoo.
I like Brissie. Got some good riding there. Gap creek is a Fav.
I do about 80% of my riding at GC, they've added a new trail called Lorikeet link that's quite fun and there's a small one going in on the other side of the road to form a circuit with 'Dirt girls'

If you ever get a chance have a look at this ride through the Glass House mountains, he's got a Garmin connect map at the bottom of the blog. Not many good photo's of going through the pine forest but the forest part was awesome.

https://blog.neilennis.com/index.php/glasshouse-adventure/

Last edited:

DMan

I do about 80% of my riding at GC, they've added a new trail called Lorikeet link that's quite fun and there's a small one going in on the other side of the road to form a circuit with 'Dirt girls'

If you ever get a chance have a look at this ride through the Glass House mountains, he's got a Garmin connect map at the bottom of the blog. Not many good photo's of going through the pine forest but the forest part was awesome.

https://blog.neilennis.com/index.php/glasshouse-adventure/
Looked great. Good writeup. Haven't ridden in the Glass House Mountains but would like to so I'll put it on the list. We'll be in Brissie in a few weeks so we'll check that run in GC out.

Last edited:

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
My suggestion would be somewhere like Yeppoon, possibly Mt Morgan, as Rocky has some decent (as far as I'm aware, never actually ridden there, but it seemed to have a decent club following). Both locations will be surprisingly different in terms of population though, and general town feel.

Other places have no MTB capabilities at all (like Emerald) or are full of grumpy coal miners (Dysart, Blackwater). Rent in the coal mining sectors might not be so bad now, compared to what it used to be, which may also be a factor for you.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
I'm biased as I live in Rockampton. We have growing trails. Just had a national enduro round here and I think most enjoyed it and found some trails challenging although dusty due to new trails and dry season. I rode 20km and close to 600m elevation this morning and didn't event touch on half the trails. Have one double black, two blacks, two or three blues, a couple of greens. Another blue about to be started and plenty of linking trails.
Gladstone also has a great expanding network of trails and its not that far away.

We have an enduro and XC series each year and hopefully maintain a state level comp here once a year now. Not a bad place really. Events for familys most weekends and plenty of parks and places to go. Close the great beaches, good fishing.