Need help putting together a workout plan

nick82

Likes Bikes
Hi, I need a bit of help putting together a workout. Bear with me this might be a bit long and hopefully not too whiny.

My job is in IT which means alot of sitting, I have an adjustable desk that gets me on my feet and I try to maintain good posture, but even I don't get to move all that much.
I used to workout alot and do a variety of sports without any problems. At the moment my right glute is fairly inactive. Other parts of my leg are taking up the slack causing problems.

My physio has given me exercises to bring up the weak parts of my hips and glutes also informs my that my right hip has limited internal rotation of about 10 degrees, this could be due to an injury or just the way I am. I haven't explored this yet as I want to focus on bringing up my glute strength.

I've also started Bikram Yoga which has improved my flexibility and I use a foam roller and lacrosse ball most days to loosen up my T spine and legs, etc.

My goal is get ready for Cressy Decent race at the You Yangs on the 11th of September, between now and then i would like to get more strength in my legs and upper body. I have read alot of the posts on here and on the net but I have a bit of overload and I really need someone to tell me "do this workout".

I have all the gear at home, bench, squat rack, sandbags, pull up and dip tower. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
For the short term I'd stick with the following:
-Squats (low weight high reps until your glutes even out)
-Lunges (to help with your side to side stability, and make sure both sides are working)
-Heel raises
-Chest press / bench press
-Shoulder press (start light with above shoulder height stuff)
-Bent over row

First session or 2 start light, 2-3x10 reps.

From here you can start to increase resistance, but drop the reps to 4-6 each time you increase resistance. Build reps up again over a few sessions to weeks as able then repeat.

Aim to hit peak resistance and reps around 4th September. The week leading up to the race maintain resistance but significantly drop reps / sets.

Never sacrifice technique.

Add stability/balance challenges as able.

Hope this helps :)