Need new skid lid, any suggestions?

MrPlow

TMBC
Want to get a full face helmet. Don't want to spend heaps. Around $200.00 to $300.00 is it. What Full face has good ventilation, weightg etc. And more importantly what helmets do you think or crap! Thanks :wink:

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i just got a mad max 2 for 220, and that was a great deal

think they r usually around 260-270

G

they are sick man. i love the look and feel of em.. they are 450 over here :roll: but they are nice

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
btw i have a mad max II (blue flamie one :p ) and i love it soooo comfy i wore that like 3 weekend in a row and after that my xc helmet feels unco (it used to feel comfy as)

G

i dont like the switchblade. Josh you shoulda got one of them then ur XC lid wouldnt feel so unco

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes they are but the jaw bone i spose u would call it is verry weak your much better off having a real full face mine has sved my brain and face many times so far

G

yeah.. my mate crushed his switchblade but hes crazy... Perth Peeps, he did the perth art gallery stairs

MrPlow

TMBC
Yeh, hust had a look at the swithblade and it aint that hot in bigger pisture. I thought it was a massively vented full face, but it is a bit of a half arse. :? I spose it may be ok but I allready have a roadie lid and a xc mtb lid, so need a true full face. Now where to get one from.. Have to check out the LBS.

bazza

look at me
buy a tld helmet. only 600-700 bucks. thats unreal for a bloody helmet. i have a nice netti one. they are reccomended. saved me sooo many times. if it was a xc lid. ie my other helmet it would be toast and i would have a broken jaw. several times over.

wombat

Lives in a hole
bazza said:
buy a tld helmet. only 600-700 bucks. thats unreal for a bloody helmet. i have a nice netti one. they are reccomended. saved me sooo many times. if it was a xc lid. ie my other helmet it would be toast and i would have a broken jaw. several times over.
Yeah, don't underestimate the Netti lids, they are great value. They even do a carbon job now, not too sure what it's like though. The AXN is a really nice helmet though.

fastrider gus

super huck
mad max's are unreal.. i have had mine for about 2 years and its still going strong.. lotsa stickers and a huge troy lee peak..

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
there's a place sort of near me that sell stuff from the factory that was "faulty" its all safe though, most of it just has scratched paint of packaging that isnt right.
There's a bell full face for $125. I didnt know about this place until after i got my FF though.