Nerfonomics

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
550k gets you a decent 3 bedder in Brisbane 25km from the CBD, near rail and buses, and heaps around the 500~550 mark outer Melbourne, people just expect to run before they can walk.

View attachment 395465
Not with your 10% buffer. That's the point I was making.

Lol run before you can walk? It's funny that walking 12 months ago meant you could buy a 25sq 3 bedder, with a rumpus in these areas with a double garage on a 400-500sqm block. Now walking looks like a 17sq 3 bedder with a single garage on a 250-300sqm block. For a young single income family, they'll be walking forever. The economics have changed.

500k in Brisbane also doesn't help somone living in Melbourne or Sydney. Brisbane is a shithole anyway, who would want to live there? Prices reflect that ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not with your 10% buffer. That's the point I was making.

Lol run before you can walk? It's funny that walking 12 months ago meant you could buy a 25sq 3 bedder, with a rumpus in these areas with a double garage on a 400-500sqm block. Now walking looks like a 17sq 3 bedder with a single garage on a 250-300sqm block. For a young single income family, they'll be walking forever. The economics have changed.

500k in Brisbane also doesn't help somone living in Melbourne or Sydney. Brisbane is a shithole anyway, who would want to live there? Prices reflect that ;)
C'mon man, I think you're clutching at straws now ;) . A mate of mine bought a double story house with his brother, he had a family of 6 kids, and the brother had a smaller family there too. Everything wasn't always smooth between them both, but it sure as hell beats renting or going in way over your head in debt.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
C'mon man, I think you're clutching at straws now ;) . A mate of mine bought a double story house with his brother, he had a family of 6 kids, and the brother had a smaller family there too. Everything wasn't always smooth between them both, but it sure as hell beats renting or going in way over your head in debt.
What straws am I clutching at? Brisbane being a shithole? I dunno do I need to start a poll?

Houses in broken Hill are cheap too. Shit hole or not? Coincidence?

Moving states to get into an affordable house is a bug, not a feature. Not a possibility for everyone. Some people will do it, for many different reasons, but do do it solely to get into housing is pretty extreme.

Also that living arrangement sounds pretty extreme. Shouldn't need two families get it to work.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What straws am I clutching at? Brisbane being a shithole? I dunno do I need to start a poll?

Houses in broken Hill are cheap too. Shit hole or not? Coincidence?

Moving states to get into an affordable house is a bug, not a feature. Not a possibility for everyone. Some people will do it, for many different reasons, but do do it solely to get into housing is pretty extreme.

Also that living arrangement sounds pretty extreme. Shouldn't need two families get it to work.
Dude, there's an average of 600 people a week moving up here from down south, I think it will be something like 1000 once immigration kicks in.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Ah, queenslander. Got it. Brisbane is a beautiful, cosmopolitan city with many desirable qualities. It's proximity to Ipswich and Pauline Hanson only enhance its true blue Australian vibe. Tops place :p
That response is the other end of the scope. Better placed in the centre. Good and bad people everywhere.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Look I think we can all agree that Sydney is an overpriced wankfest, Melbourne is an overpriced wankfest that manages some element of camouflage by being cool / fun, Adelaide is great provided you're a retiree or don't need a well paying job and are fine with people asking what fucking school you went to every 30 minutes, Brisbane has Queenslanders in it, Perth has probably seceded by now and Tasmania is best.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Look I think we can all agree that Sydney is an overpriced wankfest, Melbourne is an overpriced wankfest that manages some element of camouflage by being cool / fun, Adelaide is great provided you're a retiree or don't need a well paying job and are fine with people asking what fucking school you went to every 30 minutes, Brisbane has Queenslanders in it, Perth has probably seceded by now and Tasmania is best.
Tasmania is best, if you're into incest, roadkill and scallop pies. I have a gut feeling these things are somehow connected.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Tasmania is best, if you're into incest, roadkill and scallop pies. I have a gut feeling these things are somehow connected.
And a new MTB trail network being opened seemingly every second week? Sign me up.

You're right about the roadkill though, it's pretty out of control. Never seen bigger and healthier looking crows anywhere.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
And a new MTB trail network being opened seemingly every second week? Sign me up.

You're right about the roadkill though, it's pretty out of control. Never seen bigger and healthier looking crows anywhere.
Yeah, the roadkill is confronting. I visit tassie semi regularly, i love the place, but i feel heartbroken every 500m. panel beaters must make a killing there.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I'd say an equal amount of Southerners in Brisbane with people that were born in Qld, even the worst suburb in Ipswich isn't as bad as some of the areas in Ballarat.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The economics have changed.
@Flow-Rider . exactly what i was talking about.

You can get past the paywall by disabling Java in your browser. If you dont already have the chrome extension, to make this a simple button on the browser, do it. makes life easier.