New AM wheel set help

willsy01

Eats Squid
No Flow EX rear though?

What axle sizes do they support as standard?

(Doesn't mention any)
Mine came with the EX rims. I believe that's what they're shipping as standard.

They come with QR front and rear with 20mm adapters as an addition. You also get a couple of spare spokes and nipples. You'll need to add any other adapters as a separate item if needed.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Mine came with the EX rims. I believe that's what they're shipping as standard.

They come with QR front and rear with 20mm adapters as an addition. You also get a couple of spare spokes and nipples. You'll need to add any other adapters as a separate item if needed.
So I would need an adapter for a 15mm front maxle?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'll throw the Arch EX by Stan's in the mix too, not often mentioned but fall between the crest and flow. I got a set built locally for under 600 on hope evo. Very nice set and a little lighter than flows but I guess it depends on your weight, I'm only 65kg kitted up hence my choice to go a bit less heavy duty!

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
So I would need an adapter for a 15mm front maxle?
I got qr skewers with my hopes but had a 9mm thru axle already, so I ordered a 9mm thru axle kit from crc for about $15. They make qr, 9, 15 and 20 adapters that fit straight in no tools needed.

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
I got qr skewers with my hopes but had a 9mm thru axle already, so I ordered a 9mm thru axle kit from crc for about $15. They make qr, 9, 15 and 20 adapters that fit straight in no tools needed.

Cool thanks.

Im 80kg in gear and like to hit the roughest lines on anything I ride - probably better off with the flows

so was thinking in the end going the custom build path

rims I was thinking the Mavic 721's

getting the hubs without having to modify them when they arrive seems to be more complicated.

any thoughts on the dt 240 hubs relative to the hope or CK?
I can get a full set of mavic 721 and dt240's in the exact dimensions I want for $700 delivered

from what ive read this seems to be a very good combo and strong wheel set

ADD

Likes Dirt
Loving my 240's. so easy to service and I just switched the ratchets over to 36t instead if the standard 18t. What a difference!

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Flow EX is a great rim; for hubs, I'd go DT 240's over either King or Hope, but none are bad.

As a ready-built wheelset I'd also agree with others on the new Syntace W35 wheels; stupidly wide rims, hubs are as good as (or better than) 240's, and there's no special parts in the build so spares shouldn't be a drama. My previous experiences with Syntace have always been exceptional.

Mavic 721's? At that width, I'd only use them for XC or light trail. Wide is the way to go!