new bike.. first in years..

Ybot

Squid
Hey Guys,

Ive been reading alot on this site and you have all helped me alot..

I used to ride dj and bmx and have always had a bmx.. I sold my last bike a few years ago and want something a little bigger. from all the 'help i need a new bike' threads ive sort of nutted it down to a few bikes..

I only want to spend under 1k, I wont be slamming 20ft rhythms anymore but will do some smaller sets so i dont need anything like a ns slope( although they are friggen sweet)

p.26am
metropolis 3
norco ryde26
p.street 2

now the only catch is i went to my local bikery and they had a shiny orange and chrome norco 250 sitting there and the bloke said its the last one and he can do it for 1200 clear. Is this a good bike? is it worth the coin??

Its a little more than i wanned to spend and it looks to have the same shocks as the p.26am?? circus??

Is there any chill bikes ive missed for around that price??

cheers for any comments i know youll probably get sick of these threads..

much appreciated

Ybot

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Make a list of the parts on each model, and compare them all against each other.

If you haven't had a bike in years you can't really go wrong with any of the frames, so long as the parts are up to the task too.
Forks, wheels and cranks are probably the main things to consider as they take most of the beating, and are the most costly things to replace apart from the frame.

The 250 for $1200 sounds like a bargain. It also comes with circus experts, which have alloy stanchions making them lighter than what's on the p.am

Last edited:

Ybot

Squid
Cheers man, Appreciate the reply..

I might do just that.. I do like all the spank parts but am just not sure ill get the full use out of a bike that nice.

Im waiting back on a price on a few of the others so will see how i go..

Are there any other nice brands im missing? is octane any good?

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Octane one are very nice. Same geometry as NS, but at a lower price point.

Could also look at the polygon dirt jump bikes - great value.

If you could stretch the budget, consider a P-slope. As we get old, 100mm of rear wheel movement is nice on the bones.

Ybot

Squid
would be real nice but i dont think i can affor 2k.. Plus then i will look like a princess, riding a nice set of wheels that will never see any real hard trail action. its just not fair on such a nice bike.

Ybot

Squid
From what i have read on here and other forums people seem to be a little concerned about the 20mm axles? they look like they have half decent shocks on them and brakes.. specially for the price..

man why is there no other bike shop in aus that has free shipping on complete bikes.. thats a sweet deal.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do like all the spank parts but am just not sure ill get the full use out of a bike that nice.
I wouldn't worry about that.
On the other hand, if you get a cheaper bike with worse parts, you'll be wishing you had gotten the 250.

Ybot

Squid
Well last night i went and had a look at the p.26 pro and quite liked it. hydro 160mm disc, argile rock shox, black and white( quite nice), in stock and a price that was at the higher end but acceptable of my range..

I appreciate all your help and responses. Now i just have to learn to jump again.. i have to be honest im more than nervous.. lol

I was almost sold on the polygon but wasnt keen on purple heaps and im super impulsive and couldnt wait a week. lol

cheers again guys. hope to bumpo in to you guys on the trails.. :)