New Brisbane rider on a 26er

Hi,

I got into MTB a few months ago. Rode a friends spare hardtail a couple of times and decided to get my own bike. Wasn't ready to invest thousands just to ride around in the bush, so I found one of these old Marins for $700 in good nick. Suits me just fine, goes down hill fast which is all I really care about. With the suspension its got and the 20kg weight, it's good exercise going uphill. I mostly ride in Bunya as its the closest, and try to avoid anything that's too flat or has ups that are longer than the downs.

Cheers

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well done, you don't have to spend zillions to have a good time. It helps but sure isn't needed. Those Marins do look great but I have to agree climbing with a 20kg bike must build character.

Get out and enjoy it. Learn a bit about bike maintenance and you become a bit self sufficient and have some idea how to get it going again if something goes splat while you are out messing around in the bush.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

safreek

Hi,

I got into MTB a few months ago. Rode a friends spare hardtail a couple of times and decided to get my own bike. Wasn't ready to invest thousands just to ride around in the bush, so I found one of these old Marins for $700 in good nick. Suits me just fine, goes down hill fast which is all I really care about. With the suspension its got and the 20kg weight, it's good exercise going uphill. I mostly ride in Bunya as its the closest, and try to avoid anything that's too flat or has ups that are longer than the downs.

Cheers
Soooooo, still riding?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
you don't need a Comp truck to go 4wd'ing and you don't need a sports car to drive fast
and you don't need $5000 carbon enduro bike to have fun.
get out there and shred,
and building up a bike from leftovers and parts is certainly not cheaper than buying a new bike, but this is what we tell our WAGS!

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's nothing really highly challenging in Brisbane itself that would warrant a high end bike, most would expect that the higher end bikes are a bit more reliable but it's not till you start going to private parks or driving further out that you get to the gnarly gravity trails. The better suspension and more travel bike can be less taxing on us oldies but most it around Brisbane is ridable on a simple MTB.

DjMikey

Likes Bikes
Nothing wrong with older 26” bikes, me and my boy were out on ours today near Fernvale. Our bikes are 10 years old.