new car!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Don't put rims on it. To a Highway Patrol officer, few things say "Hassle me" more than a car with P Plates and stupid looking cheapo aftermarket rims.

If you must have wheels, get some alloys off a later model or something that won't look out of place on what is a pretty conservative looking car.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't put rims on it. To a Highway Patrol officer, few things say "Hassle me" more than a car with P Plates and stupid looking cheapo aftermarket rims.

If you must have wheels, get some alloys off a later model or something that won't look out of place on what is a pretty conservative looking car.
AMG rims all the way!
Nice car mate, what engine?

frostbite

Likes Dirt

AMG Aero II Monoblocks:

Theyre not only ageless and cool as hell, theyre also fucking CLASSY.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nothing screams pull me over more than a p plater driving a merc... they will try dick you for everything too!

hidesy

Likes Dirt
nothing screams pull me over more than a p plater driving a merc... they will try dick you for everything too!
don't intend to do any engine mods so hopefully i should be in the clear. the other night my mate got defected because the sticker on his windshield was 1cm to big and his cooling fan broke so he put a different one in and got defected for that.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
don't intend to do any engine mods so hopefully i should be in the clear. the other night my mate got defected because the sticker on his windshield was 1cm to big and his cooling fan broke so he put a different one in and got defected for that.
yep there like that... doesnt matter about any mods cops see the car and will wanna dick you

did your mate have one of those sticker across the top of his windscreen?

NCR600

Likes Dirt
The AMG's would be totally in keeping with the style of the car, but probably cost a pretty penny. Someone might do cheapo replicas though.

Honestly, you'd be better off replacing the suspension, even if only to stock specs and fitting quality rubber to the standard rims than you would be spending cash on dress up parts like rims and a stereo.

What year is that? Early 90's/Late 80's? The suspension is likely to be pretty tired and in need of attention anyway. Fixing it up will make the car handle better and not attract the wrong kind of attention if you know what I mean. You've got the rest of your life to drive around in a fully sick cop magnet.

Don't do anything that will attract attention to yourself when you're on your P plates. It's not worth it. Especially now the media are on the P plate ban-wagon.

hidesy

Likes Dirt
The AMG's would be totally in keeping with the style of the car, but probably cost a pretty penny. Someone might do cheapo replicas though.

Honestly, you'd be better off replacing the suspension, even if only to stock specs and fitting quality rubber to the standard rims than you would be spending cash on dress up parts like rims and a stereo.

What year is that? Early 90's/Late 80's? The suspension is likely to be pretty tired and in need of attention anyway. Fixing it up will make the car handle better and not attract the wrong kind of attention if you know what I mean. You've got the rest of your life to drive around in a fully sick cop magnet.

Don't do anything that will attract attention to yourself when you're on your P plates. It's not worth it. Especially now the media are on the P plate ban-wagon.
98/99 model but its only done 83000, there's no rattles or creakes.i can get the replicas cheapish. i would like to do the suspension but maybe when i get some more money. i no the stereo is a wank but i like my music.

Roachie

Squid
I reckon your RAD!

I so dis-agree with the suspension and the brakes,
I dont even have a car, but still you want it to look pretty sweeet..
A set of nice AMG alloys on a nice looking Merc wont look that out there,
your just making your Merc look a little more luxary with those sexy AMGs
Weather there replicas or not :cool:
Plus the cops will only look out for you if your flying down the highway
at like 200 with your PIMPIN Merc; Your car, power to weight ratio,
will struggle on that anyway, so go the rims...:D:D:D

But... I definately think are other things in life that could be bought
before a nice set of AMG 20"s or whatever,
its your choice though....... You live once.....:):)

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
I so dis-agree with the suspension and the brakes,
I dont even have a car, but still you want it to look pretty sweeet..
A set of nice AMG alloys on a nice looking Merc wont look that out there,
your just making your Merc look a little more luxary with those sexy AMGs
Weather there replicas or not :cool:
Plus the cops will only look out for you if your flying down the highway
at like 200 with your PIMPIN Merc; Your car, power to weight ratio,
will struggle on that anyway, so go the rims...:D:D:D

But... I definately think are other things in life that could be bought
before a nice set of AMG 20"s or whatever,
its your choice though....... You live once.....:):)
On your way to trading access? Luckily, with a post like that, we don't have to be too worried.

smeck

Likes Dirt
I so dis-agree with the suspension and the brakes, I dont even have a car, but still you want it to look pretty sweeet..........Plus the cops will only look out for you if your flying down the highway
at like 200 with your PIMPIN Merc; Your car, power to weight ratio, will struggle on that anyway, so go the rims...:D:D:D
I take it that statement is based on your personal experience, like you've actually driven a Mercedes? Since you don't have a car, or a licence, you should probably refrain from giving advice in that area.

Watch out for PoSM, he's on the warpath.

Hidesy, classy cars with "pimpin" wheels screams "teenager driving, watch me for a while and I'll do something stupid enough to justify your time". They'll know its your car and you'll drive it accordingly. Do anything even slightly wrong and they'll book you, there's no leeway for juveniles on the road these days. Go conservative and you'll give yourself breathing space, you may have only borrowed Dad's car under threat of death and will behave. They'll watch you for a moment and go on their way, provided you don't do anything stupid.

floody

Wheel size expert
Just remember, Mercedes ownership isn't a hobby, its a career in charity.

(Fully aware of the irony given my own situation.)