New farkin picture viewer thingy?

'Ross

Eats Squid
Normally when I click to see a picture, it opens in a new window.

Today when I click a picture, it opens on a black screen in the same window.

This happening to anyone else? I really don't like it, anyone agree/disagree?

Matt H

Eats Squid
I like the new picture thing.
Tags I reckon are a good idea, if it gets used properly it should definitely help with the currently crappy forum search tool.

Plow King

Little bit.
I like the new picture thing.
Tags I reckon are a good idea, if it gets used properly it should definitely help with the currently crappy forum search tool.
This forums search tool is crappy? Have you ever tried searching on pinkbike? Whenever I do a search on farkin I find what I'm looking for without having to troll though a load of garbage first time, every time.

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
+1, to a hate of the new picture viewer, i love having lots of tabs open. i keep closing the picutre wndow, and closing downt he thread. :mad:, plus it seems to take longer to load.

'Ross

Eats Squid
+1, to a hate of the new picture viewer, i love having lots of tabs open. i keep closing the picutre wndow, and closing downt he thread. :mad:, plus it seems to take longer to load.
YES! Exactly the points that annoy me!

shnizza

Likes Dirt
the only bad thing is that it takes ages to load and for me it opens in a
new tab aswell i think it would be alright if it didint open a tag and the
pic in the screen :mad:

Joy

Likes Dirt
Yeah it takes a little longer to load for me too. Only like a couple of seconds, but still kinda gammin.

I've always thought the search was pretty shit, but been too scared to say anything haha

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GUYS CALM YOUR FARM: nah, nice to see you voicing you oppinions loudly, anyway, IF YOU DISLIKE THE NEW PHOTO SYSTEM, then instead of clicking on the thumbnail (taking you too new picture opener) right-click on thumbnail, and click on open in new tab, it takes of of an extra 1 click and you have it in a tab for those who dislike the new system....problem averted

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Search button usually gets me what I want pretty quick, unlike a certain other MTB forum that may or may not be based around the North Shore..........

'Ross

Eats Squid
I reckon the search function is pretty good, you just have to type in the right words and they come up highlighted in every post! Its easily one of the best forum search functions Ive used.

LIAM?!

Banned
Ditch the new picture thing. I have now closed farkin 3 times and whenever i open one it only opens to one size not the actual size of the photo...?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
These changes are simply the new version of the vbulletin forum system. You'll see these changes appear on other websites shortly.

Double click on the photo to quickly open it in a new page. Single click to load the light window, another single click will take you back to the main screen.

S.

ex offender
When you double click and it opens in a new tab though, you close that tab then the original one goes to the pic too, so you then have to click the X on that one... PITA.

projectsplat

The film guy
GUYS CALM YOUR FARM: nah, nice to see you voicing you oppinions loudly, anyway, IF YOU DISLIKE THE NEW PHOTO SYSTEM, then instead of clicking on the thumbnail (taking you too new picture opener) right-click on thumbnail, and click on open in new tab, it takes of of an extra 1 click and you have it in a tab for those who dislike the new system....problem averted

unfortunately, it disables the apple+click to open it in a new tab, which is really freaking annoying. I have had to live with this change on two other forums for a month or so already, and it still sucks. I was farkin glad that farkin had not implemented this update.

I have opened discussions on the other forums to see if we can get a UserCP option to disable it for that people that think the "feature" is shit.

Last edited:

Dicky

Punter God
Clicking the middle button (scrollwheel) opens a link / pic in a new tab.

I hadn't even noticed the change.