New Merida E160

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi E Bike lovers, likers, curious onlookers and haters stalking this thread....Merida has a new E160 out.

Looks way better than the old bike in my opinion. Nice spec and price to match on top of the Wazza bike.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
what is the Aus price going to look like, somewhere around SWorks Kenevo price tag im guessing
hope its not too high, Im working on maybe picking up a lower spec early E160 from someone that may "upgrade" his fleet

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Top model comes with two batteries and a back pack designed to carry the spare battery for looonngggg rides. Decent spec, wonder what the warranty will be like? The battery on the YT only has a 6 month warranty which is a little stingy.

tintman

Likes Bikes
What's the chances of the 2019 prices dropping substantially?

Or is it just more likely the 2020 will stay dearer. Ready to put the cash down but dread them dropping hundreds a week later.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
What's the chances of the 2019 prices dropping substantially?

Or is it just more likely the 2020 will stay dearer. Ready to put the cash down but dread them dropping hundreds a week later.
this depends on the bike shop!
I found out yesterday that the importer is in cahoots with one of the major retailers, and they import shitloads of them.
if the independents don't move their old stock, the importer gets stuck with older models and sells off the remaining cheap through their own bike shops..
I was quoted two prices for the same bike at different retailers in a week with a $1400 difference...independent just couldn't get any where near that price of the big player!

this depends on the bike shop!
I found out yesterday that the importer is in cahoots with one of the major retailers, and they import shitloads of them.
if the independents don't move their old stock, the importer gets stuck with older models and sells off the remaining cheap through their own bike shops..
I was quoted two prices for the same bike at different retailers in a week with a $1400 difference...independent just couldn't get any where near that price of the big player!
It's spelt "playa".

Welcome to the goodie room.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
lost confidence with local Merida dealer, really not interested in even trying to buy my business
decided to go Big G...better spec for the dollars and local retailer.