New to Aussie, advice on South Old trails pls

froutts

Cannon Fodder
Hi all,

New over here from NZ

I love biking, and was blessed with amazing trails there right out my backdoor.
Alas, current in South NSW, and although there are rides - just been on one today, they are not quite forest single track exciting like I'm used to.

I have the option to move to Brisbane / Gold Coast area, and wondered if anyone knew how the single track compared up there to down here near Wollongong.

Big decision on my possible move depends on the biking!! lol

No can't visit first, not the time.

Many thanks

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all,

New over here from NZ

Alas, current in South NSW, and although there are rides - just been on one today, they are not quite forest single track exciting like I'm used to.

I have the option to move to Brisbane / Gold Coast area, and wondered if anyone knew how the single track compared up there to down here near Wollongong.

Many thanks
Have you found a local? I spent a short time in the Gong and found some awesome not strictly sanctioned trails. I believe there are a heap more. It's not rotorua or queenstown but I thought the riding was pretty good there, more accesible than Sydney which seems pretty patchy from my limited experience. Sorry haven't ridden in GC or Brisvegas.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

New over here from NZ

Many thanks
Kia Ora cussy bro.

We haven't anything comparable to NZ.

Best south of Brisbane is West MT Cotton
https://www.redland.qld.gov.au/info...reas/132/eastern_escarpment_conservation_area

Around Brisbane the best would be Ironbark (Ferny Hills) there is quite a few others but a bit lacking in quality and maintenance.

Up on the Sunshine Coast Tewantin(100kn North) is your best.
Never ridden Wollongong so can't comment.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Look for Wollongong mtb trails on facebook . Join up and enjoy . Heaps of trails . Also we have Cringila mtb park - these are short runs though . With Sydney being close by there are multiple options close like Heathcote , RNP , Kentlyn , Appin , Mill creek etc . Nowra trails are more XC orientated but having said that there is great single track to be had if you look outside the norm there .

froutts

Cannon Fodder
Thanks all, appreciate the help (and advice on why not to speed in Queensland !!)
I've decided I am going to move - September I'll be out exploring the tracks up that way. !

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
If u get into some of the races there is a whole network of pirate trails running around seq.
Otherwise legal stuff Gold Coast - Nerang and boomers, brissy - Mt cotton, daisy hill, gap creek, black stone . Sunny coast, sugarbag and Tewantin.

really, just turn up with a fire rake and scratch some trails in. There’s so much good elevation that is rake and ride ready.