New Zealand Trip Questions

GazzaPops

Likes Bikes
Instead of creating another thread I thought I'd post here.
I'm heading over to Oamaru for work in about a week. I'm thinking about taking my Anthem but I have no idea what the trails are like there. If anyone can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Never rode there, it may not be brilliant, but by default NZ is full of bike trails. Just have to check it out on google and Strava heatmap.

But really whenever I go anywhere, sometimes much to my wife's annoyance, I always take a bike with me because its always fun to ride somewhere else and explore.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
By NZ standards Oamaru is pretty flat, so might not be too much local but you're only 1.5 hours from Dunners or Naseby ( it stays light pretty late down south) and I imagine you are flying into Chch which is surrounded by some pretty good stuff ( Port Hills, Craigieburn, Hamner Springs).

+1 for taking the bike

KIERAN.

Squid
Is early May a good time for Rotorua/Queenstown? Thinking of checking it out then.
I ride Queenstown almost year round, unless there's been a lot of rain or early snowfall most of the back country riding is still fine, 7 mile is great too. The Skyline Gondola bike park closes 8th May. If you were here earlier i'd recommend my place of work; the Cardrona Bike park, we're a lot more trail/ AM orientated but only open till 3rd April.