Newly Released Bikes General

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Brave, thanks for sharing.
Haha, we all knew I had issues.
My pedal friendly local trails are getting logged in a months time :( and all that’s left within a hr drive are unshuttle-able intensely steep climbs with very steep descents. It’s time to take the plunge to ebikes.

edit: plus I’m a lazy moron

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Pretty tempted with COMMENCAL after seeing my partners new bike, and at some point I want/need a ebike. But $4500 more then the equivalent spec non ebike? Really? Plus for reasons unknown to me, the ebike has a shorter reach and taller seat tube then the non ebike
Its the "coward bike" tax

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gotta day the new Shimano motor is a huge leap into the direction I wanted before I bought an ebike - makes them a nicer proposition now :)
I thought the opposite. Watched a few vids about it and apart from the less resistance over 25km and slightly less weight there was nothing that made me think it’s that much better than the e8000.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

New Slash is out with writeups on Pinkbike and Australian Mountain Bike.
$5k for the base alloy model which has NX drivetrain and Yari fork

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm so glad this bike fails on geo and vfm for me. Less chance of buying things I don't actually need.

Same size rear centre across all sizes?
Deceptive STA measurement to hide slack angles?
Proprietary shock?

All the things I don't look for in a bike. Might work better in smaller sizes. But in XL it's a hard pass.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be careful what you wish for, you might actually get it.
It seems like Trek have been looking at what I don't want and adding it to the bike.

It's a shame as it looks ok but I stopped buying bikes on looks alone some time ago. The worst bike buying decision I ever made was fuelled by how it looked and that it was carbon. I hated every second on that bike. Stupid short rear and comic slack STA.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It seems like Trek have been looking at what I don't want and adding it to the bike.

It's a shame as it looks ok but I stopped buying bikes on looks alone some time ago. The worst bike buying decision I ever made was fuelled by how it looked and that it was carbon. I hated every second on that bike. Stupid short rear and comic slack STA.
I dont think Ive ever hated any moment riding a bike.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I reckon it looks f***ing hot. Still have a massive soft spot for Treks and am very confident this thing will be a complete weapon.

Orange not disco enough for you? That's cool, here's a bad photo of the grey and red(ish) one that looks completely mad too...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'm so glad this bike fails on geo and vfm for me. Less chance of buying things I don't actually need.

Same size rear centre across all sizes?
Deceptive STA measurement to hide slack angles?
Proprietary shock?

All the things I don't look for in a bike. Might work better in smaller sizes. But in XL it's a hard pass.
I can help.
Rear centre is 437mm which is a bit goldilocks depending on what you're after. I think Trek are still stung by the semi-trailer criticisms they got for their old 29er Remedys having 445mm chainstays.
Seat angle of 76 degrees sounds okaay - it looks slacker than it is cus of the kink in the seat tube to allow for rear travel.
Bike can run pretty much any shock according to the Pinkbike article.
XL size is pretty big? Plus mate who's my height (6'5") has been crashing around on the previous gen Slash and reckons it's the best bike he's ever had.
Go get your credit card. I'll wait here.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can help.
Rear centre is 437mm which is a bit goldilocks depending on what you're after. I think Trek are still stung by the semi-trailer criticisms they got for their old 29er Remedys having 445mm chainstays.
Seat angle of 76 degrees sounds okaay - it looks slacker than it is cus of the kink in the seat tube to allow for rear travel.
Bike can run pretty much any shock according to the Pinkbike article.
XL size is pretty big? Plus mate who's my height (6'5") has been crashing around on the previous gen Slash and reckons it's the best bike he's ever had.
Go get your credit card. I'll wait here.
You're not helping.. ;^)
The orange one looks great tbf. And I must admit I do enjoy riding on my Remedy despite the climbing being quite ordinary.

Thankfully getting an XL demo will be like harvesting angel tears so I can be safe knowing I'll not get to ride one.

I'll just stay angry and in the corner for the moment.
I wanted 78° STA and 445mm / 450mm chainstays in XL to get me interested.

I even saved my old Fuel EX frame which I broke for crash replacement discount.