Newly Released Bikes General

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Looking at this again after reading the PB article, can anyone tell if the forks are Fox 34SCs? Doesn't look like it zooming in so would indicate that this is more a DC bike, particularly given it's aluminium.
Looks like a good option to the bigger brands if thats the case. Will be keeping an eye on this one.
They look like standard 34s, but that's not to say it's a standard build kit. Good thing about the (typically) more conservative/only moderately progressive XC/DC bikes is that they're pretty flexible with setup. Hardcore XC riders can setup up with 'efficient' 100mm travel forks and lower stack heights, and trail riders can bring the stack up a bit and get a more forgiving head-angle and fork travel for general trail duties. It's nice if the manufacturer officially permits "longer" travel forks (and it might be worth ensuring it given some of the featherweight modern XC/DC frames these days), but realistically you're free to set it up however you want - stock geo is just a baseline. ;)

Anyway - given the savagery that comes with Amaury Pierron's riding I'm surprised it doesn't have de-stroked 38's on it to be honest!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at this again after reading the PB article, can anyone tell if the forks are Fox 34SCs? Doesn't look like it zooming in so would indicate that this is more a DC bike, particularly given it's aluminium.
Looks like a good option to the bigger brands if thats the case. Will be keeping an eye on this one.
Yeah I think there might be a difference between "XC bike" and "bike that Amuary decided to ride an EX event in". From the pic it looks a bit sturdier/,ore robust than a 'true' XC bike and it would make more sense that Commencal introduces something in the 120mm-ish range to compete with the Spectral 125 and the Izzo

beeb

Yeah I think there might be a difference between "XC bike" and "bike that Amuary decided to ride an EX event in". From the pic it looks a bit sturdier/,ore robust than a 'true' XC bike and it would make more sense that Commencal introduces something in the 120mm-ish range to compete with the Spectral 125 and the Izzo
I don't know the %'s, but it seems plenty of World Cup XC riders race with 120mm forks nowadays anyway. It's generally more the local/state/(maybe) national champs courses that are still fairly smooth and tend to attract the hardcore "100mm travel maximum" tpye of rider. The size of the rock features and jumps on World Cup courses are getting pretty bloody substantial and the move away from 100mm 32mm Step-Cast forks (for example) tends to emphasise this.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Yeah, agree howewer I don't think this is there to compete with the Spectral 125 - different type of bike completely, this looks very much in the DC category whereas the Spectral is built around a 140mm fork, even the Izzo is a 130mm fork. I'd be surprised if this ends up with more than 130mm on the front and 120mm on the back

I don't know the %'s...
Why not? I'm not upset @beeb, just disappointed.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Wonder if there's enough room in my suitcase when I head back to the UK in April...
Will also be taking bags of white powder to fund the frame.

beeb

Pack a hacksaw and you should be right.
Nah, just ask if they can sell it in kit form with a caulking gun and tube of whatever bonding agent they use.

Can't be that hard to slide some tubes into 3D printed bosses!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nah, just ask if they can sell it in kit form with a caulking gun and tube of whatever bonding agent they use.

Can't be that hard to slide some tubes into 3D printed bosses!
The reality of it is that you can pop down to Bunnings and get most of what you need from their plumbing supplies.

In the unlikely event of failure on the trail you can then return it.