Newly Released Bikes General

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Watched the occasional vid about hard core hard tails and now they want one. Go for it, I say.
Big issue with steel.

Everyone is happy that Carbon is Carbon.

Alu is Alu, might be straight or Hydroformed.

Ti, I've had a couple, not sure on different grades.

Steel is not the same. Columbus, Reynolds, Chromoly etc... then double butted or straight. All have a different feel and attributes. I've had many steel frames that were good, great, awesome and shit.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
So I don't have experience with a product, I get lambasted. I do have experience with a product, I get lambasted. I ask for advice, I get lambasted. I ride more often, I get lambasted. I don't ride as much, I get lambasted.

How about not being a massive gatekeeping cunt and stop obsessing over what I say? I don't know how my questions and opinions have hurt you or the forum but you're being a knob.

I don't know about your likes or how much you ride but I certainly don't take the piss out of them.

Just fucking back off.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
How sick are those little forks! :D I didn't even know fork for 16" wheels were a thing (or if they're even necessary), but they look cool as f***.
If I was rich I would put my youngest on one. :D Seem well thought out.

Last edited:

clockworked

Like an orange
So I don't have experience with a product, I get lambasted. I do have experience with a product, I get lambasted. I ask for advice, I get lambasted. I ride more often, I get lambasted. I don't ride as much, I get lambasted.

How about not being a massive gatekeeping cunt and stop obsessing over what I say? I don't know how my questions and opinions have hurt you or the forum but you're being a knob.

I don't know about your likes or how much you ride but I certainly don't take the piss out of them.

Just fucking back off.
Soz, but who says lambasted?!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What a weird thing to write. Do you only mention brands you have personal experience with?
It's certainly preferable, but you've missed my point completely.

"I'd go a Ragley" or whatever other brand/component you're referencing without giving any reasoning why provides the reader with absolutely no information. You do it all the time and I've called you out on it before but you still do it. For recommendations, fuck yeah people prefer first-hand experience - Even just "my Ragley was a fun bike, but the fork it was a bit average so I upgraded it later on. Maybe look at spending a bit extra now for a better spec to save some cash later" or something (anything) that gives some additional information. You don't have to justify everything you ever post, but take a breath and please try and give some context and relevant experience as it actually provides some benefit to us.

We know you do have knowledge, as we've coaxed it out of you in the past - like when pressed repeatedly you presented the list of tyres you have tried, and reasons you did/didn't like them - that was useful information to help other forum users actually try and help you find something suitable to replace your current set. A forum is text-based communication. If you don't tell us we can't see what you've tried before or what your trails are like or what your individual strengths and weaknesses or likes and dislikes are as a rider - you need to give us the context. Just popping into a random tyre thread and exclaiming "I'm thinking of trying the new Contis!" tells us nothing other than that you just read something about Conti tyres and now they're front and centre in your mind. Can you not see providing the additional information when first asking the question would be helpful? Maybe it might encourage people to actually help you instead of just get frustrated with you asking the same questions disjointedly across the three active tyre threads, two PYR's, and the "What did you do with?" thread. When you're asking similar stuff across a bunch of threads, if we (other forum users) don't open them in the exact chronological order you posted them in they don't make any sense to anyone. Maybe try tagging the username of the PYR/"What did..." you saw a certain brand or model of tyre that interests you in one of the tyre thread and try and keep the conversation active/ongoing and consistently in one place. This would mean as you look at twenty or so different options and ideas about what/where/how you want to ride we can help remind you what seems to be the prevailing theme over the course of the discussion.