Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I can't see why there is a need for EMTB specific tyres.
Weight? There's far more weight difference in the rider than the bike.
Speed? Your top speeds are downhill, and you can go just as fast on any bike.
Torque? Yes, there's a lot more torque under power but it's the braking force that has the most impact on tyre wear, so not really any different to a normal bike.
A lot of the Ebike specific components are BS!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I can't see why there is a need for EMTB specific tyres.
Weight? There's far more weight difference in the rider than the bike.
Speed? Your top speeds are downhill, and you can go just as fast on any bike.
Torque? Yes, there's a lot more torque under power but it's the braking force that has the most impact on tyre wear, so not really any different to a normal bike.
A lot of the Ebike specific components are BS!

To reduce wear from all the extra KMs E riders are racking up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Chunts cant even make a tyre without a wobble, now they have done 'extra testing' to a tyre they already have in their line... the MaxxGrip DH tyre and printed an E50 on it.

According to Maxxis, models wearing the E-50 label have gone through an additional testing protocol to ensure they’re rated for the increased weight, torque and speed dished out by modern electric mountain bikes that, in certain parts of the world, are capable of travelling up to 50km/h.

Stredda

What's the comparison between the normal tyre and the equivalent E-50 tyre I wonder?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So keep buying the normal stuff. Got it.
An ebike weighs 8-9kg more than a normal bike. Works like a 80kg man and a 90kg man riding the same bike, does anyone care about the heavier rider. What if the rider is 120kg vs 60kg.

The only part of an ebike that needs beefed up is the drivetrain, up to 500-600w extra watts peak, 250w constant then add the rider input. The chain and cassette get absolutely mangled and that's without riders shifting under power and further destroying it.

The speed-pedalecs that UK/Europe get that do 45kph, may need a speed rated tyre but they run road tyres, not Assegais.

The rest of this e-optimised fluff is all nonsense.

Stredda

An ebike weighs 8-9kg more than a normal bike. Works like a 80kg man and a 90kg man riding the same bike, does anyone care about the heavier rider. What if the rider is 120kg vs 60kg.

The only part of an ebike that needs beefed up is the drivetrain, up to 500-600w extra watts peak, 250w constant then add the rider input. The chain and cassette get absolutely mangled and that's without riders shifting under power and further destroying it.

The speed-pedalecs that UK/Europe get that do 45kph, may need a speed rated tyre but they run road tyres, not Assegais.

The rest of this e-optimised fluff is all nonsense.
Yep, dead right.
If the tyre couldn't handle 50kph you would really have to worry.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
SRAM be ebiking now

Stredda

SRAM be ebiking now

Essentially a Levo motor with different software.

Minlak

custom titis
Its a Brose motor that integrates the drive train as part of the system - the tech is pretty cool but stupid at the same time - You will be locked into proprietry systems as things break etc - Like the chain ring can be spun by the motor to change gears whilst you are going down hill and not pedaling so when you need to pedal its in the right gear for that - Essentially you are not supposed to change gears by your self ever again - you set how much the system changes and then it does it all.

Like I said the Tech is pretty cool but stupid at the same time.