Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Its a Brose motor that integrates the drive train as part of the system - the tech is pretty cool but stupid at the same time - You will be locked into proprietry systems as things break etc - Like the chain ring can be spun by the motor to change gears whilst you are going down hill and not pedaling so when you need to pedal its in the right gear for that - Essentially you are not supposed to change gears by your self ever again - you set how much the system changes and then it does it all.

Like I said the Tech is pretty cool but stupid at the same time.
Sounds like the standard old man yelling at clouds re new tech ;)

Certainly cleans the cockpit up but the dropper lever integration misses the mark. Also hope SRAM have sorted out the reliability issues of the Brose.

Auto can be switched off.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
A better product already exists. No replacing $1000 cassettes on a regular basis.
View attachment 403018
I agree!

For full powered Ebikes a MGU is the way to go.

SRAM and Shimano will be reluctant to move away from derailleurs, as chains and cassettes are their cash cows. I'd be interested to see if Bosch go in the MGU direction as they don't have any skin in the drivetrain game.

Stredda

All of them by the looks of it

Jokes aside, I quite like the look of the Orange MeBikes, like the Stage 6 Evo, but the design philosophy just doesn't work for eBikes

View attachment 403146
To me Orange probably had a reason why they went down the sheet metal route way back, but they have "boxed" ;) themselves into sticking with that design regardless of aesthetics, functionality or manufacturability, in the name of keeping it looking like and "Orange".

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
To me Orange probably had a reason why they went down the sheet metal route way back, but they have "boxed" ;) themselves into sticking with that design regardless of aesthetics, functionality or manufacturability, in the name of keeping it looking like and "Orange".
Growing up in Northeast England in the 90's and 2000's, Oranges were hot shit. I think you're right in that the monocoque design definitely boxed them into a specific style they can't get away from

Stredda

They use all tube on their hardtails, but I suppose if you pulled the stickers off you couldn't distinguish them from a dozen other hardtails out there, and that's what makes the fullsus bikes what they are.
1696394358442.png

Jabubu

let you google that for me
GasGas launched a new eeb with plastic bits on it.

More interesting is that their suspension platform is a development between DVO (MTB) and WP (Moto) using 'cone valve tech'.

Stredda

GasGas launched a new eeb with plastic bits on it.

More interesting is that their suspension platform is a development between DVO (MTB) and WP (Moto) using 'cone valve tech'.
Yes, running the new SRAM motor. Not bad looking for the in your face kind of way.
1696464385175.png

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Comes from WP's dirt bike forks. They use a cup-and-cone system instead of shims.
I was curious if they have brought the entire system over or a tiny part that the marketing team could justify saying ‘cone valve technology’.
Have you ridden on them?