Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Rockshox just announced the new Psylo fork and an updated Domain..

The Psylo Silver (air spring) will weigh 2,786g! I think that's even heavier than the 35 it replaces (along with the Revelation and Yari)
Psylo Silver R is coil sprung, Silver RC and Gold RC are air
Listed weights:
Silver R: 2.888kg
Silver RC: 2.786kg
Gold RC: 2.320kg

Listed weight for a Pike Select is 1.778kg, which is a fair chunk of weight lost over any of those. Select+ and Ultimate are slightly heavier, but not much

Jabubu

let you google that for me

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The Psylo is an absolute boat anchor - coming soon to a $6,000 SRAM SX equipped downduro bike near you.
Call me a cynic, but I feel like manufacturers are just going to start speccing bikes up with 'cheap' components to bring the prices down, rather than actually reconsidering supply and demand and discounting the good stuff accordingly... :confused:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
$150US so close to $300 locally. Can get steel chainrings for $30 locally. Yeah double the weight but that’s a lot of left over money for other bits.
But what about the stiffness @shiny? So many times I've nearly cleared a section only to have chainring flex let me down. Even if I didn't know it at the time, clearly that's what it must have been!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Interesting that they are rebirthing a model name that was a notorious noodle.
Psylo 20 years was fairly revolutionary at its time with adjustable travel and thru axle.
Its only with hindsight that you can criticise it iMO , sure compared to today it is noodly.
i mean look at frames ,brakes ,suspension from 20 years ago.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
But what about the stiffness @shiny? So many times I've nearly cleared a section only to have chainring flex let me down. Even if I didn't know it at the time, clearly that's what it must have been!
Silly me. The carbon stiffness is so much better for clearing difficult obstacles than those silly steel rings. Adds to shopping list. ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Psylo 20 years was fairly revolutionary at its time with adjustable travel and thru axle.
Its only with hindsight that you can criticise it iMO , sure compared to today it is noodly.
i mean look at frames ,brakes ,suspension from 20 years ago.

I had 2 sets. One set was good and performed as expected. The other was unreliable. There was a lot of marketing in magazines around them at the time.