Newly Released Suspension & Components General

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I wrangle 2 out of the old importer for $3k or less millions of years ago. Both were old stock at the time. But I doubt you can't even get a frame with that brand on it for $3k these days.
I remember moorey posting that the old stock were more expensive not too long ago

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
“Just testing out these new wheels from squidindustriesand I’ve already set 2 pbs on my favourite flow trails. Use the code frenchfingering at the checkout to get 15% off. And don’t forget to like comment and subscribe! Yeeeewwwww”

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Didn't the Hunt enduro wheels used to be 32 front and 36 rear?
Yes. And both 33mm internal width.
Everytime I see a mention about hunt wheels I remember this video instead.

I know what you mean but to be fair, Hunt have excellent customer service and seem to put a little extra thought and care into their products by delivering them well taped with tubeless valves and spare spokes and a spoke key.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Everytime I see a mention about hunt wheels I remember this video instead.

Not quite. It might have been where they started, but not anymore. When you employ your own aerospace engineer for product design and testing and are publishing white papers against the industry heavyweights you are moving up in the world

frenchman

Not quite. It might have been where they started, but not anymore. When you employ your own aerospace engineer for product design and testing and are publishing white papers against the industry heavyweights you are moving up in the world

That’s great but now they are just a catalogue reseller with an aerospace engineer. Company would’ve been better off getting 2 millennials to come up with some new buzzwords and baseball bat stress tests to sell more Chinese made wheels.

Yes. And both 33mm internal width.

I know what you mean but to be fair, Hunt have excellent customer service and seem to put a little extra thought and care into their products by delivering them well taped with tubeless valves and spare spokes and a spoke key.
I think it’s a genius idea to be fair. Order a container full of novatec hubs laced to Chinese carbon, word art your logo on, include some rim tape and tubeless valves and make money off people who are to lazy to do a bit of research on the internet.

I love Chinese made carbon so I don’t understand why they don’t proudly say their wheels are made and laced in China.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That’s great but now they are just a catalogue reseller with an aerospace engineer. Company would’ve been better off getting 2 millennials to come up with some new buzzwords and baseball bat stress tests to sell more Chinese made wheels.

I think it’s a genius idea to be fair. Order a container full of novatec hubs laced to Chinese carbon, word art your logo on, include some rim tape and tubeless valves and make money off people who are to lazy to do a bit of research on the internet.

I love Chinese made carbon so I don’t understand why they don’t proudly say their wheels are made and laced in China.
TL;DR

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Reminds me of Curve:

https://www.curvecycling.com.au/collections/wheels

Aussie company and seems to have a good rep, but the wheels seem like a catalogue rebadge and only 2 years warranty seems pretty light on for a $2k wheelset where most other manufacturers offer lifetime*

*depending on the fine print.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

I’ve watched that video before and it made me think of Zelvy. I’ve got Hunt wheels (alloy). I’ve also built wheels including Stans Flow rims on Project 321 hubs, DT EX511 rims on 350 hubs and others.

I knew what Hunt were using (Novatec) before i bought them and they have delivered exactly what i was expecting and a little bit more.

Not trying to defend Hunt and claim they are innovators or top of the line but they deliver solid wheels on reasonable hubs with great customer support. All for a reasonable price.

I don’t see Zelvy or a whole bunch of others backing up their product like that.

TL;DR I get what your saying but I think Hunt are ok

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Reminds me of Curve:
Chinese Ti frames for $4500 with a fork :rolleyes:

The GMX is nice... but you can get a handmade custom Bearclaw Beau Jaxon with Ti or Carbon fork for $2700us ($3500) and they are very nice.

I know which one I would be looking at if I was in the market.

frenchman

I knew what Hunt were using (Novatec) before i bought them and they have delivered exactly what i was expecting and a little bit more.

Not trying to defend Hunt and claim they are innovators or top of the line but they deliver solid wheels on reasonable hubs with great customer support. All for a reasonable price.

I don’t see Zelvy or a whole bunch of others backing up their product like that.

TL;DR I get what your saying but I think Hunt are ok
theres no doubt that they are good wheels. They probably come specced as OEM. But that is exactly what they are, an OEM level wheelset with some nice stickers, aftersales support and a shit load of marketing. They're still a novatec hub with a Kinlin rim ordered from a catalogue and sold as a wheelset that they “designed” and “optimised” which the consumer pays a premium for.
Some people get a lot of shit for putting enve stickers on their light bicycle rims where as these guys do the exact same thing and charge people for it.