Nicolai + NPJ Dirtbikes To Be Available In NZ + Australia

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
It’s time to welcome a new importing company: Rouler Imports.

OK most of you want to know what the heck Rouler means; well it is the French verb to roll and finds its origin from the Latin word rotulus, which literally translates to "roll".
"Roll" is what we’re all about, we enjoy riding our bikes no matter the terrain or conditions, as long as it is done on a quality bike; a bike that you can trust and at all times retain confidence in.

Our philosophy is to provide exotic and quality bikes to mountain bikers who enjoy riding unique machines. This is why we have decided to launch our business with two very strong, reliable brands, both providing quality craftsmanship, killer looks and first class customer service.

These two brands are:

- NPJ dirtbikes
- NICOLAI

That’s right folks. NPJ and NICOLAI are coming to Australia and New Zealand for your pleasure and enjoyment.

Here’s a little bit about the brands:

NPJ dirtbikes:
5 years ago in Germany, NPJ was started thanks one man’s passion: Niels Peter Jensen (renowned Dirtjumper in Europe). After many years of riding for other brands, Niels decided to make his own bikes and components with the help of his friends in the industry, since then NPJ has had increasing success across Europe.
NPJ produces quality dirt, street, and park frames made of 4130 double butted Cromo Steel at very competitive prices. They also make 3 piece cranks, bars, 24” rims, seatposts, seatclamps, single speed hub (10 MM or 14 mm axle), bar ends, stems, seats.
You can find out much more about NPJ at www.npj-dirtworld.com or www.npj-dirtbikes.de .
Please look out for these awesome products at your local bike shop. The first NPJ shipment is expected in early January.

NICOLAI:
Well there’s been a lot of “talk” about this brand here in Australia and it has never found its way to our shores but that “talk” is over. Thanks to Rouler Imports these amazing German engineered frames will be available at your local bike store. Finally you will be able to touch and ride what is known as the Ferrari of mountain bikes. The power of customization is now at your grasp, and you will enjoy unique craftsmanship and ride frames that represent mountain biking’s future with GBOXX “internal gearbox”. You can find out a lot more about NICOLAI at www.nicolai.net .
The first NICOLAI shipment should arrive just in time for Xmas.

We will soon make a feature of the NPJ & NICOLAI products on www.farkin.net and www.vorb.org.nz - however detailed information of both brands will also be available on our website: www.rouler.com.au , currently under construction.
If you are curious about us or our products please send us an email at info[at]rouler.com.au . We will get back to you as soon as possible.

We will only be dealing through bike stores, so if you wish to purchase one of the NPJ or NICOLAI frames and components, and your local bike shop hasn’t inquired about us yet, then we will be happy to get in contact with them and work something out. Our priority is to satisfy your requirements. Since we are looking at the big picture please note that we are including Tasmania And New Zealand in the distributing process.

Dealers, if you wish to know more on how you can get your hands on these amazing NPJ and NICOLAI products please contact us at retailers[at]rouler.com.au .

Kind regards,

Rouler Imports
Let the good times roll.

Attachments

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
am really really interested in nicolai downhill bikes
WHEN WHERE HOW MUCH?
once the house has sold iam in the market

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Nicolai.......aaarrrglglgllglglgle drooool drooool!

Chase is justifiably feeling a touch insecure right now!! ;)

villy

Likes Dirt
oh im so excited about this. I've been waiting so long for these frames! Nice one rouler imports!!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Hope they can keep the price down. The DH frames retail over 6kUS in the states.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
j5ive said:
Hope they can keep the price down. The DH frames retail over 6kUS in the states.
They are really nice bikes, but the price is the problem. I've only seen a few out here in the States (I had a chance to ride one once). I really liked the bike, but couldn't justify spending over 5 grand on just a frame. You could pretty much built up a Foes or an M3 for the price of just that frame. I think that's a hard pill for a lot of people to swallow--including me!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I looked at getting one before I got the Ellsworth, they are sooooo sweet. Just way too expensive for what they are, but damn they are beautiful.
If they have an importer, does that mean no more direct purchases from Nicolai on their website?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Fatman said:
I looked at getting one before I got the Ellsworth, they are sooooo sweet. Just way too expensive for what they are, but damn they are beautiful.
If they have an importer, does that mean no more direct purchases from Nicolai on their website?
Hi,

Well since a distributorshop has been set up all inquiries to Nicolai will be forwarded straight back to me.

Please find a small note from NICOLAI SUPPORT from germany.
Quoted from http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopic-31791-45.html .

quote:"Greetings from the other side of the world and thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, Rouler has started importing Nicolai to New Zealand and Australia and we are very happy about that. As I read through your commets I've found some issues and questions I'd like to explain a little bit closer:

Nicolai frames are 100% German design, German engineering and German handcraft. Every frame and part with our brandmark on it is manufactured in our own work in Lower Saxony, Northern Germany. Nicolai is one-stop. We put the demand in ourself to produce the best frames. We put as much time in each step of work as required to get the best result. Due to this we give five years warranty on our frames, even if they are ridden in competitions and under hardest conditions.

Each Nicolai is produced reagarding to customers demand. There are many options to choose from like cable guides style, geometry, colour, brake style, boosters, ISCG, 12mm rear axle dropouts, etc. There are no stock frames. The production starts after a customer has ordered his frame. Each Nicolai is unique.

The Nucleon frames with the integrated gear box G-Boxx 1 are the flagships of the Nicolai fleet and we have not balked any costs on these frames. With the Nucleon frames we want to show and prove what is possible in MTB design and engineering today, not to release a new low cost medium-sized.

A Nucleon frame is always including the G-Boxx1, a modified 14 speed rohloff gear, cables and shifter, modified ISIS cranks, an ISIS BBU, a compound rearhub system and a set of chainrings.

Beside the Nucleon Nicolai offers a large range of frames to cover all riding purposes, even very small nishes like BMX racing or tandems.

Be carefull with buying frames by internet. Please consider that you can only get product support and warranty if you buy a frame at the official Nicolai Importer for your country: Rouler

Regards,

Nicolai Germany" quote

More will be displayed in an product overview very soon.

NICHO

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
Fatman said:
I also worry about warranty issues when it comes to bikes for overseas. If I'm going to drop 5 grand on a frame, I have to feel really comfortable with the deal, and I did not...

No to mention that their hardtail (4X/DS) frame costs like $2500, for just the frame!

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hey guys,

Just so you know, Nicolai offers 5 year warranty on all their frames except th TST EVO which isn t for sale to public, the saturn and nonius have two years warranty. And the best thing about nicolai warranty is that the warranty is still on,, no matter how many hands the frame has been through, as long as the current owner has the receipt, bill etc...

Nicho

Last edited:

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
blt2ride said:
I also worry about warranty issues when it comes to bikes for overseas. If I'm going to drop 5 grand on a frame, I have to feel really comfortable with the deal, and I did not...

No to mention that their hardtail (4X/DS) frame costs like $2500, for just the frame!
I did the sums on the DH rig with G-Box a while back and it seems you won't get much change from AU$9,000, if any, for the frame and associated bits and pieces, but you can pick frame and decal colours. Way too rich for me but I'm sure there will be a few of them around come the end of our summer.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well their top of the line bikes aren't cheap, but there are other Nicolai frames that aren't as expensive. I also think to myself "Shit, $5k to get a bike up and running??!!" :eek: Then I sat down and calculated how much I've spent on my Chase, no real difference. Well there is a difference, Nicolia's are a better bike.

Now, I am good friends with Nicho, so some may see my viewpoints as biased. But this assumption is wrong and I can prove it:

http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=39963&highlight=nicolai
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=36366&highlight=nicolai
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=27073&highlight=nicolai

I was a fan of the Nicolai's and wanted one way before the Frenchman ever even entertained the idea of importing them!

When it comes to the price, yes it's not the cheapest bike on the market, but look at what you're getting. I'd pay it.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
blt2ride said:

did you know that the yeti 4x frame alone cost s 4 000 $.

nicho

THE CHENZ

Likes Dirt
Apples?

Don`t get me wrong here, but the Yeti DJ is a Taiwan frame, and the craftmanship in the Nicolai is far superior.
Whether the price diff. is justified, the consumer will decide that.
;)

j5ive

the craftmanship in the Nicolai is far superior
Seen one huh? Ridden one? Worked on one?

I know what you mean. But you can't compare the price of a limited edition full sus frame to a hardtail. I don't think any other non-tiawanese hardtails come close to that price.

j5ive

And they sold so well that they are still making and selling the same frame today 6-7 years on.

Oh hang on. Nope. :D

MIKEY B

Likes Dirt
Man - Those bikes are so F*$@kin rad it just aint funny. Ever since seeing them in Dirt mag a while back I have been hooked, just wish i had the cash to indulge.
What would be even sweeter would be to have one of their DH bikes sitting in your shed beside your Brooklyn bike and trying to decide which one to take out that day!