Nicolai + NPJ Dirtbikes To Be Available In NZ + Australia

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
nicho said:
did you know that the yeti 4x frame alone cost s 4 000 $.

nicho
Hey nicho,
If you guys have the first shipment coming soon then you definately should have a good idea of what they will retail for over here. Save all the guessing and arguements about comparing these Germanic beauties against the best Asia and USA has to offer. Put up your RRP for each of the models you are bringing in, that way people will be able to make comparisons on an informed basis. Don't get me wrong I think that the Nicolai are a fantastic machine and actually did the cost exercise for DH rigs. I expect your reply to say that prices will appear on your website soon but hey, you kicked things off here so come good with some pricing, that is unless the Rouler site is going to be up within the next couple of days.

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
THE CHENZ said:
Don`t get me wrong here, but the Yeti DJ is a Taiwan frame, and the craftmanship in the Nicolai is far superior.
Whether the price diff. is justified, the consumer will decide that.
;)
is the yeti djs made in taiwan thats not cool at all, they still make the other frames in the states though?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
fastrider_ben said:
is the yeti djs made in taiwan thats not cool at all, they still make the other frames in the states though?
asx too I think.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
curtisrider said:
Niels is the shit, you can see all the NPJ products directly on www.360-buy.de
Actually you can't, as there is a whole heap of new parts coming out for 2006, and new frames with new colours etc...
But that website is a good start. Yeah Niels is a legend.

As for the Nicolai Prices, they will be up very soon on the rouler website. but especially at your locol bike shop. :)

Let the good times roll.

curtisrider

Eats Squid
nicho said:
Actually you can't, as there is a whole heap of new parts coming out for 2006, and new frames with new colours etc...
But that website is a good start. Yeah Niels is a legend.

As for the Nicolai Prices, they will be up very soon on the rouler website. but especially at your locol bike shop. :)

Let the good times roll.
ah ic, you dont happen to know niels's mate georgie from france and vienna do you?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
curtisrider said:
ah ic, you dont happen to know niels's mate georgie from france and vienna do you?
Well i am from france but i've never met georgie before, but i remember Niels speaking to me about him.Is he a good mate of yours?

Rouler

curtisrider

Eats Squid
nicho said:
Well i am from france but i've never met georgie before, but i remember Niels speaking to me about him.Is he a good mate of yours?

Rouler
yeah you could say that, he lives just north west of Valbonne or south east of Grasse.

Has a pretty sweet set up in his backyard; trails, foampit, resipit, etc.

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hi everyone,

Well the website is up and running. At the moment you are able to find all Nicolai Prices in Australian dollars, with some technical information on NIcolai's building process. Npj products are yet to be uploaded.
We also have our first Dealer on board.
That's right folks you can now find NICOLAI at Bike Addiction Manly, Sydney.

Rouler

Let the good times roll.

Merry Christmas, and many wishes for the new year.

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
well,well,well
have to admit that those prices (TST) are ,well how shall i put it, a little bit over the top??
or is that a lot over the top!!!!
merry christmas to you too and good luck with selling them
i suppose at least you had a go.
maybe you could let us know when the first tst sells
cheers

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
daddyrat said:
well,well,well
have to admit that those prices (TST) are ,well how shall i put it, a little bit over the top??
cheers
dude I dont no wat you're smoking, but i'm impressed with Nicolai because they have made several differrent DH racing oriented frames, each at different prices, allowing the consumer to purchase a frame ranging from $3200 - $9330. In relation to other brands, a good/proper DH frame would cost around the $4k-$5k; and Nicolai have provided DH frames which are similar to other brands in terms of price, performance etc... BUT they have also produced the TST which I believe, compares to say.. Greg Minaars Honda DH bike.. and from what i've heard the Honda DH bike is like $20k?? (maybe i'm wrong with that price.. so plz tell me if i am)...

soo..... maybe you can plz explain a bit more on what your saying..... cause i dont see how the prices are a little bit ova the top...???????/

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
daddyrat said:
well,well,well
cheers
It's expensive yes, but think again about what you're getting.
A Rohloff gearbox which can retail from $1500-$2000 depending on what hub setup
A gear shifter
A rear disc hub to work with the Rohloff gearbox
Holzfeller cranks

Now work out the value of all those items put together and minus them from the total. The frame aint that bad now when compaired to other top rigs out there eh?

Another way to look at is to pick a nice DH frame, then add cranks, bottom bracket, chain ring, chain device, rear hub, cassette, rear mech, and shifter pod. Adds up quick doesn't it.

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
yeah i did that and allowed $2k-3k for cranks ,bb, chainguide, shifter, deraileuer, rear hub and that about covers what ur gettin with the frame.
i'd love to have a tst and i reckon from an innovation point of view its probably as good as it gets and u can buy it.
but that still leaves u with about $6k or more for a naked frame and im just not convicedd its worth it.
as i said id love to own one and i even could pay for it but i still htink its just a little to much dough.
elts just c what happens and how many of tham will turn up at races.
and i reckon they r much cheaper in euros $4-$5k?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
daddyrat said:
yeah i did that and allowed $2k-3k for cranks ,bb, chainguide, shifter, deraileuer, rear hub and that about covers what ur gettin with the frame.
i'd love to have a tst and i reckon from an innovation point of view its probably as good as it gets and u can buy it.
but that still leaves u with about $6k or more for a naked frame and im just not convicedd its worth it.
as i said id love to own one and i even could pay for it but i still htink its just a little to much dough.
elts just c what happens and how many of tham will turn up at races.
and i reckon they r much cheaper in euros $4-$5k?
Hello daddyrat,

Well first i would like to say thank you for your interest in Nicolai, secondly i would like to mention the fact that we know that the price tag seems very high but like squid and jono mentioned, you do get quite a bit for your money (Nicolai home made rear hub, a rohloff system in a boxx, truvativ cranks a shifter and a bare frame that is an absolute beauty in details and craftsmanship).
Now from my point of view, Nicolai has an amazing range of bikes that most frames have very competitive price tags, with an amazing amount of options that may or may not increase the total price.
Once again you get Nicolai's experience and excellency in creating a bike on which every little detail has been thought of thoroughly and made to resist the abuse.
I guess until you have seen one in flesh, it's hard to understand what Nicolai frames are all about. It is pure artwork.

Now concerning prices overseas and even in the us, Rouler imports is still competitive. We have been able to get an American price list from the distributors in the us and believe it or not our prices are just as good as the America ones.
The nucleon tst frame including shock with standard painting is over the 6000 us dollar mark, which equals to a very close $9000 aussie dollars.

Now in Europe the prices for a nucleon TST would be closer to the 5000 euro mark which again if my calculations are right equals to exactly
$8140 aussie. Now if you buy your bike here in Australia, rather than Europe or America and ship it back here, you beneficiate a 5 year warranty and service from your local bike shop on top of that which i think ,for bikes like the Nicolai's, is indispensable.

At rouler Imports we seriously try to promote very competitive prices for the brands we import and distribute (i.e.: NPJ and NICOLAI). The nucleon is in a league of it's own which is why the price tag remains unreasonable to the customers eye.
We believe in this product and strongly support this technology and we hope that others will too.

Again have a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the new year.

Let the good times roll.
Rouler

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
hey nico
where can one see them in the flesh?
maybe even have a ride?
i love the bike, the tst only, becuase it is so far ahead of anyone else but it is a lot of money.
make them visible and maybe even rideable.
action speaks louder than words and i personally have always been someone who needs to experiance things.
see you and a merry christmas to you too.
ps. how about a display at thredbo nationals?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
Hey daddyrat,

Well at the moment the first shop to display some Nicolai frames is Bike Addiction in Manly, sydney. We are working hard to get them to many shops around Australia and New Zealand.
Now we plan on being there at thredbo, it might be a very small display but we will do our best to expose our Brands in Thredbo.
If you happen to live in Sydney i can organise for you to at least have a quick squeeze at the nucleon TFR at Bike addiction, that we currently have in Stock.

Best Wishes.

Rouler

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
i live in the blue mountains and am not coming down to sydney very often but will stay in touch.
ill definatly se you guys in thredbo though.

keep up the good work