Night rides - Sydney area

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Looking at Thursday this week, presuming it dries out, but will be a late start 8pm-ish kingy

Let me know if your available.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, I'm keen to get in on some night rides on the northern beaches but I don't have any lights. Can you suggest a good set for around the $300 dollar mark? Also, does a good set of lights make runs like the DH trail on cascades possible at speed or am I expecting to much from bike lights? I have a 5 seater ute with 4 crank holders on the back so shuttling red hill/oxford falls is an option.

Cheers.
Sebastian.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
howdy

I reckon first gen Yup owners will be looking to upgrade soon, so keep and eye out for cheapos.

With yups the descents your talking about are prolly at 3/4 pace ... depending if your Sellen or me (Sellen be Sick :p)

Your welcome to come along when we get our act together ... prolly next week is the earliest I'll get to it. Keep your eye out for whatever takes your fancy or feel free to organise your own jaunt in here.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Attempting wednesday 14th

was thinking of lake parra ... but I don't know if very well ... anybody want to go and get lost with me in the dark :)
trying for 6.30pm but need to confirm closer to the date ... don't expect any kind of fitness

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt

was thinking of lake parra ... but I don't know if very well ... anybody want to go and get lost with me in the dark :)
trying for 6.30pm but need to confirm closer to the date ... don't expect any kind of fitness
Ill be keen if my shoulder is ok, have to let ya know on wednesday...

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt

There is a group from Ashfield Cycles who ride Lake Pmatta every wednesday I believe. If you're looking to get to know the place it may be worth getting in touch with them. My mate joined them last week and struggled to keep with them but they were happy to have him along.

I'd love to join you but can't this week.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Let me know when you guys are coming to manly dam or red hill
Have fun at parramatta
Maybe week after Jebbs ... I want to get some regular riding in and nights seem to be the go again.

There is a group from Ashfield Cycles who ride Lake Pmatta every wednesday I believe. If you're looking to get to know the place it may be worth getting in touch with them. My mate joined them last week and struggled to keep with them but they were happy to have him along.

I'd love to join you but can't this week.
Cheers ... will get in touch ... I have some regulars coming along this week so should be fine.

Note: might be 7pm start this week as I have a mate coming from Penrith way.

looking like 5 or 6 of us so far.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet, any chance you could give me some more detailed info re location?
something i can whack into the gps would be nice, im an immigrant remember! :)