No Email Notifications again?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Heya Mods et Al,
Is anyone else having issues with email notification? I haven't received any thread or PM notifications in the last couple of days. Mine are still forwarding through my gmail account, so shouldn't be related to my older iiNet issue ;)

If it's just me, I'll check more settings :)

Cheers!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've checked your accounts and that box is ticked. That's as much as I can do, there is something that's changed of late with the software and it's made some big changes to the site, mainly the amount of posts I need to approve.
I can't offer any more info than that folks.

Luco

Likes Dirt
Yeah I received two pm's today, which is rare for me as I'm not a frequent user, but didn't receive email notifications which I have done before.

stirk

Burner
I've checked your accounts and that box is ticked. That's as much as I can do, there is something that's changed of late with the software and it's made some big changes to the site, mainly the amount of posts I need to approve.
Is there a spam filter which directs any users post for Mod approval if they have a post count of 0>X? Seems only new users with low post counts are impacted.

Link changed his email to see if that would fix the email notifications issue but now he can't post so even though he has a high post count associated to his user name the actual system post count seems to be linked to your email address in the database. That would make sense for an anti spam control.

Are users auto promoted to user groups which have certain controls applied. i.e. new user is in newbie group until 5 posts, all their posts require Mod approval, once 5 posts reached they get moved into normal group which requires no Mod approval?

Fixing IT problems aren't fun! Good luck.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers mate! Thanks for looking into it anyway :)

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Dozer has any of the admin team notified the forum manager who can go into the admin panel and turn on notifications?

No notifications is a pain for us sponsors as well as forum members.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Unfortunately the problem isn't with the forum settings, it's the mail server. We've got a couple of silly scripts running that have got our server black listed again. I'll clean them out (again) and get the blacklist lifted.

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
Unfortunately the problem isn't with the forum settings, it's the mail server. We've got a couple of silly scripts running that have got our server black listed again. I'll clean them out (again) and get the blacklist lifted.
Good on you Scott. Doesn't take much to blacklist domains nowadays.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Nice work, I've got email notifications again :)

Cheers!