AM Norco Sight c7.2 & Aurum c7.1 - page 2

a-line

Likes Dirt
I'd been on the hunt for a 27.5" trail bike to replace my Santa Cruz Blur LtC. I had looked at this model Norco in store - the spec on these is amazing for the price - & just as luck would have it, one got posted up for sale on here last week. I quickly consulted the minister of finance, she gave the green light & it was on! It was completely stock & barely ridden - so I was winning. I transferred the bars, stem & seat over from the Blur. Rides like a dream, couldn't be more impressed

Frame - 2015 Norco Sight
Rear shock - Cane Creek DB Inline
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Pike RC
Handlebars - Deity D130
Stem - Chromag
Headset - FSA
Grips - ODI Ruffians
Saddle - SDG Ti-Fly
Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb
Front brake - Sram Guide RS
Rear brake - Sram Guide RS
Cranks - Sram X1
Chainguide - E-13 XCX
Chain - Sram X1
Pedals - XT trail
Rear derailleur - Sram X1
Rear shifter - Sram X1
Cassette - Sram XG 1180
Front hub - Formula
Rear hub - DT 350
Front rim - Sun Helix
Rear rim - Sun Helix
Tyres - Hans Damf 2.25 rear & Magic Mary 2.35 front
Tubes - Toobless

Attachments

Last edited:

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Awesome bikes eh! But for the love of your perenial artery, please fix your saddle angle!!!
Bahaha friend of mine had his seat like that, his LBS was like, "How's your asshole champ?"

Nice rig BTW - I somewhat do miss my Norco Sight (mainly its colour)

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Such a good looking rig.
Spent some time on one at Bright two weeks ago, had a real blast.

a-line

Likes Dirt
Seats fine. Honestly I can't ride a bike with "level/flat seat", hate the feeling of being forward on the bike. I've run SDG Ti-Fly seats for the last 10 years on all my bikes, guess my arse has it's shaped embedded in haha.

As the bike sits, it weighs 13.1kg. When I change the front tire over to a Super Gravity Magic Mary or another Hans Damf, it should drop another 400-500g. I'm not too concerned with the weight on this bike but on the subject of the front tire, it's freakin huge! I've got 2.35" Magic Mary's on the DH bike, which once measured with verniers come out at 58mm. The 2.35" on the Norco is 65mm. It dwarfs the rear Hans Damf at 54mm.

teK--

Eats Squid
Beautiful ride mate you picked a good bargain (my mate was going to buy that same one but you beat him).

IMHO there is hardly a thing I would change on it except for bars/stem/saddle to suit personal fit/preference.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
awh man i hate your deep pockets and your quiver of incredibly nice bikes.....
So smooth man! loving it!!

dunndog

Eats Squid
And you wanna ride your Aurum at the youies tomorrow WHY again?? This thing would gobble it right up!

a-line

Likes Dirt
Now with a new friend

Here's the new DH rig. Thanks to the good crew at Yarra Valley Cycles. I've got a set of Enve bars waiting to be fitted. There's a couple of things I'm still wanting to fix up when I get time - cut 15-20mm off the steerer & trim the brake hoses to clean it up. I'll put a ride report up later tonight.

Frame - Norco Aurum c7.1 - size large
Rear shock - CCDB with 400lb ti spring
Front shock/fork - Boxxer World Cup
Handlebars - Enve DH
Stem - Straitline
Headset - Cane Creek
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - SDG Ti Fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Front brake - SRAM RSC
Rear brake - SRAM RSC
Cranks - SRAM X01
Chainguide - E-13
Chain - SRAM X1
Pedals - DMR Brendogs
Rear derailleur - SRAM X01 DH 7 speed
Rear shifter - SRAM X01 DH
Cassette - SRAM X01 DH
Front hub - DT 350
Rear hub - DT 350
Front rim - DT EX 471
Rear rim - DT EX 471
Tyres - Schwable Magic Mary SG
Tubes - Toobless
Total weight - 15.85kg - pre Enve bars. Will weigh tomorrow

Attachments

slowmick

38-39"
that sir is one nice bike. you have had some awesome bikes in the past and that one keeps the tradition going.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
sweet bikes dude!

great to hear you're back on the bikes... it's one of those things that you can't get away from - in a good way!

a-line

Likes Dirt
I've been meaning to post up a few more pics of the Aurum & give my initial impressions, so here they are . Out of the box it's light - 15.7kg without pedals. The colour is certainly eye catching & changes depending on the light you look at it. Really well thought out cable routing - topped off by the cool floating guide that connects to the lower shock bolt. Things swapped out from the box : bar, stem, seat & post. The bike comes with Race Face SIXC 35 bars & stem, great kit but I couldn't get my head around how stupid 35mm bars look.

First ride & everthing felt great. Bike was silent but for one noise that drove me nuts. Turned out to be the downtube shuttle guards having room to flap around, creating a 'tingy' noise. A bit of Velcro tape underneath solved that. The only issue I've had is when I picked the bike up, the front hub had side play. I checked it over & it was still there. A few ride in & the play gets worse. I know what the problem is as previously having owned DT hubs. This was the 3rd DT front hub I've had over the years that had the same problem. The problem is the interface between the end caps & bearings. On the other hubs I had run a shim between them, but it creates a little drag. I solved the problem this time by replacing the hub! haha. I've built a set of Hope Pro 2 Evo onto the existing rims.

That aside, the rest of the bike is awesome. The "bigger" wheels take a little bit getting used too - mainly on tight corners. One thing I noticed, picking up speed is easier. Anyway that'll do for now, I'm off to ride now.

Attachments