Not so funny thing on the way to work

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Well, riding to work this morning through Gungahlin ACT at 4:30am I had 3 guys pull up next to me in a car, grab hold of my backpack and then take off down the road dragging me with them.

Just what the fuck goes through these peoples heads?

Spoke to the cops, they were going to head out looking for them based on the description of the shit box car, hopefully their Silver Ford Telstar with P plates and a stuffed left head light is easy to find.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
That sucks - sorry for your misfortune. I think this would be one of the instances we should be allowed to carry guns.....blast the fwits of the face of the earth:mad:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
When you say they dragged you, do you mean you were still on your bike and rolling with the car or you were off your bike being dragged along the road?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man you are lucky not to have gone under the wheels. I guess if you had they would get a slap on the hand at worst for their attempted murder.

SSDave

Likes Dirt
When you say they dragged you, do you mean you were still on your bike and rolling with the car or you were off your bike being dragged along the road?
They pulled me over so that I was leaning against the car but still upright on the bike whilst they speed up down the road.

JimT

Likes Dirt
I work near there, so I'll keep an eye out. If I see it, I'll be sure to let the air out of the tyres and get their rego details.

Suburban rider

Likes Dirt
i ride to school in the morning and regularly have 1 group of people come as close as they can without hitting me the yell and carry one throw shit at me, really farking annoying, i can't be stuffed reporting it cause i can never get a good look at the plates, and mate i feel for you if that happened to me i'd be fair pissed off, hope the cops catched to dickheads

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
That's ridiculous, sorry to hear about it mate, hope the cops find who did it.

While most of the time its awesome riding 4-5am, because there isnt any traffic, i find a lot of the time there are either people who are coming home from big nights out, still drunk (ive had people run at me and try to knock me off my bike), or dodgy car loads of guys with nothing better to do than cause trouble and screw with anyone they can find out on the street at that time.

While i don't support it, you start to understand why you can find pepper spray on cycling online stores e.g this kimber thing

Anyway, really saddened to hear something like that happening.

SSDave

Likes Dirt
Ok, been back there this afternoon, this happened on Wanganeen Ave in Ngunnawal ACT between the round about with Currang Ave and Uniapon Ave.

abenny111

Likes Bikes
Must be the day for it, I am in Canberra also and commute daily from Woden to Wanniassa only a short ride 15 minutes or so.

On the ride home tonight some young clown in his hotted up Pulsar (with P plates) decides to pretend to take off as I am crossing an intersection on Athllon drive, I said a few choice words and kept going.

So I get off the bike track and ride into Wanniassa and who is waiting? yep mr P plate, follows me and when I stop at the next intersection he edges up and bumps me, off the bike I get to get off the road and he comes up along side me, at which time adrenaline takes over for me and my foot slips hits the rear passenger door. I think this may have spooked him as he took off at a rate of knots not to be seen again.

Not very proud of myself retaliating like that but the good old flight or fight kicks in.
Unfortunately no number remembered, called police on arrival at home report filed, am just glad to be home safe and sound.

JP

Likes Dirt
A dented panel on his shitbox will be a good reminder to not play the fool in the future...or prompt him to clean his shotgun!

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
That sucks mate, next time if the person grabs you and your on the drivers side, reach in, grab the keys out of the ignition and throw them as far away in the opposite direction as you can! Then that will teach them not to do it again!

Last edited:

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Rego plates?
Perhaps some locals need to go "introduce themselfs" and or get revenge.

Thats SO Messed up. If i was a driving along and saw that i would pull infront of the C^&*s and make them stop and pull out the shovel i keep in my boot for landscaping :rolleyes:

I hope you get some sort of compo or something.

Commecnalrider

Likes Dirt
i ride to school in the morning and regularly have 1 group of people come as close as they can without hitting me the yell and carry one throw shit at me, really farking annoying, i can't be stuffed reporting it cause i can never get a good look at the plates, and mate i feel for you if that happened to me i'd be fair pissed off, hope the cops catched to dickheads
My ride to school is peaceful compared to yours tom. I only worry about birds swooping me. even when its not the right time of year! any roadie would laugh at my "ride" to school.

But this guy could have been seriously hurt (probably was) and these guys did it for a laugh? it seems everyone is stupid these days.. with only a minority of civilised people. It's crazy.. for example i can't drive (or be driven) home, on a 30 min drive, without at least one near-miss/dickhead driver/incident occuring. What on Earth is happening?

On a different note.. surely the cops would have caught the dickhead, not catched them? :p

Binaural

Eats Squid
At 4:30am the cops are bound to have them on a camera somewhere. Here's hoping they're caught and spend a romantic night in the cells with some other crooks.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, riding to work this morning through Gungahlin ACT at 4:30am I had 3 guys pull up next to me in a car, grab hold of my backpack and then take off down the road dragging me with them.

Just what the fuck goes through these peoples heads?

Spoke to the cops, they were going to head out looking for them based on the description of the shit box car, hopefully their Silver Ford Telstar with P plates and a stuffed left head light is easy to find.
Thats when you tell the cops that one of they guys pointed a gun at you . Cops love to make a meal out of things . Then there would have have been ACT police frenzy to get these guys .

JP

Likes Dirt
Thats when you tell the cops that one of they guys pointed a gun at you . Cops love to make a meal out of things . Then there would have have been ACT police frenzy to get these guys .
Better to say you "thought" one of them had a gun pointed at you, but weren't 100% sure. You were to busy trying to free yourself and fearing for your life.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Better to say you "thought" one of them had a gun pointed at you, but weren't 100% sure. You were to busy trying to free yourself and fearing for your life.
No thats what you say after they catch the guys .